Dr. Matthew Leinung MD Patient Reviews

3.6
  • 3 reviews

February 25th, 2015
Dr. Leinung is an excellent doctor and I have found him to be an even better human being. He practices medicine and lives life with a passion I have never met before. He did much to turn my life around. Given the opportunity, he does not give up on any patient. He takes anyone on and takes them as they are and although the decisions are not always popular or understood, it is who he is. I do Acrophonology (the study/ancient art of what one's name means) as a hobby/a tool to increase the self-understanding of the seeker. Matthew is a derivative of Mathias in Hebrew and literally means a "gift from or of God". What a burden to a lesser individual that could be. He is learning to weak the cloak of many colors with his usual passion for life. Those of us "lucky" enough to meet this man gentle yet giving soul who is truly a force for change who happens to be a doctor and not a doctor who happens to be a force for change are most blessed indeed. Lauren, a writer for Albany Med Today, is correct when she says, "he does so much for so many people". I hope he realizes how much he has done and I wish for him much happiness as one who gains much because a St. Peter's nephrologist referred me to AMC and began a very long and sometimes difficult journey for me. Still, Dr. Cerda, it has been a rich and rewarding experience with many joyous memories shared with and because of the doctor in charge of Albany Med's Physician Practice Group Endocrine Unit. I thank you, kind sir.

June 18th, 2012
client
I have found Dr. Leinung to be communicative, accurate, caring and friendly. He answers questions freely and you always leave feeling that he cares enough about the person in the room with him. He does what has to be done for the person, including negotiate with insurance companies, teach the ptient what is necessary, etc. No complaints and if you must be anywhere doing what you both are doing, he is an excellent choice. He's busy with administrative duties of the Divison, any teaching for the College and in the general community. Despite this, he pays close attention to you and your concerns during your appointment. If he is not available to return a telephone call and it requires attention, he has someone else return the call and although it is not planned, you are aware that what you reported he was told so he not only has the facts, he is aware of what else is going on with the person who asked he spend additional time.I called several months ago and asked for an appointment and was given one for 11:30 within a reasonable time period. He came in the room about five minutes later. The appointment with scheduling follow labs ended at 12:55. I don't know too many physicians who would have five minutes left on their lunch break! He appareently felt the time was necessary. Although I get regular care for type 2 diabetes, I had another concern and at the follow study visit, he was told I asked him for help because of all the doctors over the years (I am now 70), I trusted him the most. He answered my questions and was very reassuring of me as a person. I cculd not expect more. Am overall skilled doctor and genuinely good person.....PS: One staff person agreed with me upon my observation that he brings out the best in a person. This is a rare talent!

February 27th, 2012
ignored woman
I have never been treated like a non person from a supposed dr apparently at the top of his dept. The staff was worse. I waited months for the appt. It took over 3 hours from the moment I stepped in the door of that office. The receptionist never once looked up at me. I will find a doctor that cares