Dr. Matthew Matava MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

August 16th, 2016
HE WAS THE BEST AND SO WAS HIS STAFF

November 11th, 2015
This is the type of Dr. that gives Dr.'s a bad name. Wait time is always 30-45 minutes (he is overbooked for revenue purposes). Flip side, what would happen if he waited? Communication is horrible. Arrogant. Questions are viewed as a nuisance. Believes that a teenager has the mental capacity to have a medical conversation on their own. Well, teenagers require a parental signature, them to be present for procedures and x-rays. The law doesn't follow the Dr.'s mentality. ER call due to complications. Called back an hour later, annoyed, no apologies, and proceeded to scold based on his needs and his assertion that if it "was in the packet" then it was discussed. Also in the packet after surgery are forms that don't apply to my child (pt which did not apply). So, if you are looking for a "name" with an arrogant attitude, he is your guy. Don't let the title and all the "signed pictures" fool you, they have fooled him into thinking he is a good Dr. We still don't know if the procedure took but him "marketing" on being a sports orthopedic surgeon is nonsense. There is no cohesiveness between explaining the procedure and how it applies to the sport, therapy, or recovery. Just put the surgery on the books, do the surgery, and don't ask questions. That is what you get.

November 9th, 2015
Appointment staff were terrific!
Not only did the staff get me an appointment for the same day I called for my daughter, when my 18 year old decided she didn't need to see a doctor after all, they were gracious and equally accommodating. Dr. Matava was recommended to me by an orthopedic surgeon who has moved away from St. Louis. I was told: "Dr. Matava is who I would send my daughter if she needed an orthopedist."

November 4th, 2015
Best doc ever

September 23rd, 2013
Retired...Former Boeing Director
Dr Matava is terrific. He shows he cares. As was shown in the video, he has also experienced a knee injury. I am so glad the "God of Knees" is my Orthopedic Surgeon. I very much enjoy his humor. It helps a lot when you are not feeling 100%.

October 25th, 2010
An excellent surgeon.
I went in to see him after years of suffering through ACL issues, which led to quite a few cases of both my knees buckling even with just normal activities. Dr Matava was quite careful in his diagnosis, and he gave me the option of doing a bilateral ACL reconstructive surgery, or do it one at a time. I chose the bilateral ACL, and it was a wise move. The surgery went fine, and I started walking without a crutch in about a couple days, and onto doing physical therapy 3 days or so. Amazing. And within 14 days, I could walk fairly normal, and healed very well in about 2 months or so, if memory serves me right. His follow-up visits were just fine, and his overall treatment was just at the level I expected from a top-notch surgeon. Thanks Dr. Matava!