Dr. Matthew Mayr MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

September 12th, 2016
HE IS FANTASTIC
I experienced an unfortunate fall and saw Dr. Mayr. He was very pleasant and made me very comfortable. He gave me my options and explained them all. He gave me time to think them over and my surgery went great. it has been a year and any concerns I had he saw me immediately within this time. Since my surgery and following instructions, I have been pain free. Thanks to Dr. Mayr.

July 22nd, 2016
Wonderful Doctor!

March 30th, 2016
Not Sure I Will Return
I lived in another city, had an MRI in 2012, and was advised that I needed surgery for several herniated disks. I was referred to Dr. Mayr by a friend. His credentials were exceptional, so I made an appointment. He advised me to get PT and said to come back when I was in more pain. He advised me against surgery at this time. He didn't even have another MRI done, and the other was several years old. He did not have a good bedside manner and seemed flippant about my concerns. I had a permanent disability DMV tag because of my back. He asked me what my disability was and told me that he never "messed" with giving those out. I don't think I am going to return although the pain has really stepped up in the past two days.

January 30th, 2016
Prompt, courteous, kind, empathetic, took time to discuss and explain issues and options available.

August 27th, 2015
Dr. Mayr considers all the options not just surgery.
My wife consulted Dr. Mayr for severe back pain about 10 years ago. Doctor Mayr recommended first trying a conservative, non-surgical approach; reserving surgery as a last resort should this not work. This was in sharp contrast to our local Orthopedic group who urged immediate surgery with spinal fusion. Thanks to Dr. Mayr's measured approach my wife's back problems eventually resolved without surgery and she has never needed it. We have always been grateful to Dr. Mayr for his care and sound advice.

January 13th, 2014
Brain biopsy
Cold,very cold Dr. with NO compassion for another human being. Too bad he sees bad things every day,but why lose the feelings for the patient you have in your hands? The patient needs positive reinforcement even when the outlook is not good at all.I would never recommend this Dr. I also think his assistant staff needs a brush up on patient compassion as well. The worst I have ever experienced. If you have a loved one with a dyer situation,please don't see this Dr. or his staff. You will leave the office with absolutely no hope whatsoever and Depressed.This Dr. needs to remember its not all about money,its about a humans life. Care a little,or at least fake that you care.I hope he doesn't have to face such a terrible situation in his family.I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

March 21st, 2011
still in pain
i had my first surgey in 2006 and 3 weeks latter i was back in agin having hard ware put in, been told minybtimes i should have gotten a lawer . im still in so mutch pain an all he can tell me is that he can do nothing for me. went to er an they where worryed so much and ship me to another er for exrays and when i woke up he was standing over me and i was put in acab and sent home at 4 in themorring with him telling them i was fine. joke and shadey. brought papper for him to transfer me and he ask if i was sueing him.