Dr. Matthew Mayr Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Matthew Mayr?

Take time before undergoing back surgery

Posted on July 16th, 2017

I went to Dr. Mayr for a second opinion regarding back surgery for a subluxation and spinal stenosis. Unlike the previous surgeon, Dr. Mayr did his own examination and spoke directly to me about his findings. He did not contradict the other surgeons findings, nor did he disagree with the other surgeons proposed surgery. Dr. Mayr, however, asked me what type of physical activities I engage in and advised me about the decreased likelihood that I could continue them once I have rods and pins in my back. Dr. Mayr gave me some very good advice 'wait six months to see if the pain decreases before getting major surgery.' In the meantime, I obtained an SI injection which gave me a great deal of pain relief. My case remains complicated, and I continue to experience pain, but had I gone ahead with the back fusion before identifying the SI joint dysfunction the results could have been disastrous. Yes, I strongly recommend Dr. Mayr.

Excellent. Surgeon

Posted on November 7th, 2016

Dr. Mayr is the best! He is more than competent. He is an excellent listener and made me feel as if I was his only patient. After 13 years of pain shots it was time for surgery. He and his physical therapy staff made sure that I could function once I got home. I had stenosis of the spine and needed hardware for my L4 and L5. Before surgery I could hardly walk. Today, one year later I am more active than I've been in years. Dr. Mayr makes sure that all of his patients are bacteria free and without infections BEFORE surgery. He considers every aspect of your surgery so that you can live a healthy and active life. I know that results vary, but I had an excellent experience with him!!! I cannot sing enough praises. Again, he listens😀

HE IS FANTASTIC

Posted on September 12th, 2016

I experienced an unfortunate fall and saw Dr. Mayr. He was very pleasant and made me very comfortable. He gave me my options and explained them all. He gave me time to think them over and my surgery went great. it has been a year and any concerns I had he saw me immediately within this time. Since my surgery and following instructions, I have been pain free. Thanks to Dr. Mayr.

Posted on July 22nd, 2016

Wonderful Doctor!

Not Sure I Will Return

Posted on March 30th, 2016

I lived in another city, had an MRI in 2012, and was advised that I needed surgery for several herniated disks. I was referred to Dr. Mayr by a friend. His credentials were exceptional, so I made an appointment. He advised me to get PT and said to come back when I was in more pain. He advised me against surgery at this time. He didn't even have another MRI done, and the other was several years old. He did not have a good bedside manner and seemed flippant about my concerns. I had a permanent disability DMV tag because of my back. He asked me what my disability was and told me that he never "messed" with giving those out. I don't think I am going to return although the pain has really stepped up in the past two days.

Posted on January 30th, 2016

Prompt, courteous, kind, empathetic, took time to discuss and explain issues and options available.

Dr. Mayr considers all the options not just surgery.

Posted on August 27th, 2015

My wife consulted Dr. Mayr for severe back pain about 10 years ago. Doctor Mayr recommended first trying a conservative, non-surgical approach; reserving surgery as a last resort should this not work. This was in sharp contrast to our local Orthopedic group who urged immediate surgery with spinal fusion. Thanks to Dr. Mayr's measured approach my wife's back problems eventually resolved without surgery and she has never needed it. We have always been grateful to Dr. Mayr for his care and sound advice.

Brain biopsy

Posted on January 14th, 2014

Cold,very cold Dr. with NO compassion for another human being. Too bad he sees bad things every day,but why lose the feelings for the patient you have in your hands? The patient needs positive reinforcement even when the outlook is not good at all.I would never recommend this Dr. I also think his assistant staff needs a brush up on patient compassion as well. The worst I have ever experienced. If you have a loved one with a dyer situation,please don't see this Dr. or his staff. You will leave the office with absolutely no hope whatsoever and Depressed.This Dr. needs to remember its not all about money,its about a humans life. Care a little,or at least fake that you care.I hope he doesn't have to face such a terrible situation in his family.I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

still in pain

Posted on March 21st, 2011

i had my first surgey in 2006 and 3 weeks latter i was back in agin having hard ware put in, been told minybtimes i should have gotten a lawer . im still in so mutch pain an all he can tell me is that he can do nothing for me. went to er an they where worryed so much and ship me to another er for exrays and when i woke up he was standing over me and i was put in acab and sent home at 4 in themorring with him telling them i was fine. joke and shadey. brought papper for him to transfer me and he ask if i was sueing him.

Posted on October 5th, 2017