Ophthalmologist
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
I Have Been Needing To Have Cataract Surgery For A While show details I Have Been Needing To Have Cataract Surgery For A While
by Michael Swire on Aug 24th, 2016

I have been needing to have cataract surgery for a while! I was worried because I only have one "good" eye and it was getting cloudy. I saw Dr Mathew McCauley and he stated he would help me see again. I DID THE SURGERY YESTERDAY AND I AM GOING TO GET MY OTHER EYE DONE ASAP! "Wish I would not have water so long". Thanks Berkeley Eye !!!!!!!!!!!

All Was Super Great show details All Was Super Great
by Robert T. on Jul 13th, 2016

All was super great... The entire staff was very kind and concerning.. All went very well.. Thank you

This Is By Far The Best Thing I Have Ever Done For My Body show details This Is By Far The Best Thing I Have Ever Done For My Body
by Alexis L. on Apr 1st, 2016

This is BY FAR the best thing I have ever done for my body. I now see with a 20/15 prescription - so much better than I ever imagined. Every single person on staff here is incredibly friendly, helpful, knowledgeable, and definitely made this experience so much better for me. If you are at all considering LASIK, don't hesitate!

I Recently Had Cataract Surgery On Two Eyes show details I Recently Had Cataract Surgery On Two Eyes
by Thomas Thai on Feb 28th, 2016

I recently had Cataract surgery on two eyes at Berkeley Eye Center and what a professional Dr MCCAULEY MATTHEW and his staff ... Everyone was very kindness, caring and helpful throughout the process ... The surgery was great I even thought I had the surgery ... I'm so happy and it was the best feeling ever to be able seeing things better than 10 years ago ... Thank you so much Dr MCCAULEY and his staff.

Ana And Maria Were Very Professional show details Ana And Maria Were Very Professional
by Karen Allen on Feb 22nd, 2016

Ana and Maria were very professional and attentive to me needs. Thanks for the superb customer service and the store was very crowded...actually as I perused the area all staff seemed to be well engaged with their clients!

I Had The Wonderful Good Fortune of having Dr. Matthew McCauley show details I Had The Wonderful Good Fortune of having Dr. Matthew McCauley
by Ann L. on Jan 20th, 2016

I had the wonderful good fortune of having Dr. Matthew McCauley and a host of wonderful nurses to take care of me last week. From the moment we walked in until we left, the care and concern were just about perfect. If you need eye surgery, I would highly recommend Dr. McCauley, Berekeley, and the Caplan Center.

Credit where credit is due show details Credit where credit is due
Nov 24th, 2015

I met Dr. McCauley for the first time today. My husband and I were very impressed by his professionalism and his sincere concern for the eye issue I was having. He spent a great deal of time explaining the diagnosis and giving me an honest explanation as to what I was dealing with. The office staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. My experience at Berkeley Eye Center was excellent. What an amazing doctor and staff. Five stars to all of them.

Higher education research scholar show details Higher education research scholar
Oct 13th, 2013

This doctor is a master. I have gotten examinations that are top class, thorough, with the latest equipment. This dr is kind, funny and highly skilled. You do not have to worry about anything putting your eyes and vision in his hands. Did I mention he is very professional.

Please listen to what your patients tell you. show details Please listen to what your patients tell you.
Mar 24th, 2013

I had cataract surgery on both eyes. I had considerable glare on both eyes that I brought to his and his staff's attention several times only to be told that it was normal and to go home, it would go away. Two years later and after many visits to another doctor, an iol explantation was done much to my relief. Wish he had listened to me! If you are having problems after surgery he has done, do not hesitate to seek another doctor's opinion.