Internist, Neurological Surgeon, Neurologists, Surgical Specialist
Vanderbilt Medical Group At Bellevue
3601 The Vanderbilt Clinic
Nashville, TN 37232
615-322-3000
Locations and availability (3)

3.0

|  Mcgirt knows a spinal cord!  |  show details
by Kendall Brese on Oct 4th, 2013

Dr. Mcgirt performed surgery on my neck that resembles Judy Kerns . Like her, my head was also not technically connected to my spine. It was a c1-c3 fracture. I was airlifted to Vanderbilt in Nashville, tn just hours after my car accident on 10/26/13. Dr. Mcgirt put a plate and some screws in there and now almost a year later, I am still alive. I am not paralyzed. I can hold my head up straight, and eat, drive, etc. From my research, This man knows a spinal cord! and my scar healed up real well too!:)

|  Great experience  |  show details
Jul 16th, 2013

My wife burst fractured her L1 vertebrae last year and Dr. Mcgirt repaired her injury with a cage and fusion. He was informative during the ten hour surgery and was excellent in all of our follow-up visits and while we were at the hospital, as was his PA. We are almost one year out from the accident and her recovery has been excellent. We'd highly recommend Dr. Mcgirt, especially for this type of surgery.

|  show details
Jun 9th, 2013

After reviewing my MRI Dr McGirt said that I did not need surgery- I needed physical therapy. I tried that for 4 weeks without any improvement. I went to DR Vaughn Allen and he operated on me two days later with good results. I think DR McGirt was reluctant to operate because of my age -84