Dr. Matthew Mclaren MD Patient Reviews

• Pain Management Helena, MT

3.9

February 3rd, 2017
Is this guy legal to practice???
I thought I walked into an office in some third world country, The office was Filthy and freezing he was an hour late and installed a stimulator in my back with what felt like a Jackhammer, and a hatchet, worst pain ever!! After surgery. Pain stimulator could not be adjusted, due to being rammed through nerve bundles, and being too close to my spine. I'd sooner hire a salmon cannery worker to do a surgery than to ever see this wing nut again.

June 2nd, 2016

December 22nd, 2015
Not good
He was really good and seemed to care the 1st visit, then it went down hill quick. I travel 2 hours to see him and felt like a number. I asked questions and got no answers but more appointments. Then recieved a letter from him not signed saying that he was no longer going to be caring for me. Yeah thanks for nothing. Don't recommend him to anyone else ever

February 2nd, 2015
Started out great like he would do anything it took for the pain but after the first visit he just pretty much ignored me

February 3rd, 2014
Very Good Doctor
Dr. Mclaren is a caring and very competent doctor, who may seem a bit distracted at times but, at least in my case, shows full understanding for what he is told. From there he and his excellent staff make a good treatment plan IAW the patient's condition and situation. I'd recommend Dr. Mclaren to anyone who has chronic pain issues and is looking for a caring practice. Again, his mannerisms make him appear as if he isn't listening but he is. He is backed up by highly competent staff for both front and back office. He resolved pain issues that had plagued me for years by a combination of compassionate questioning/exam, focused diagnostic testing, and careful monitoring of his treatment plan.

August 7th, 2011
The worst doctor ever
I have never been treated with such little respect by a doctor. Dr. Mclaren is by far the worst pain management doctor I have ever encountered. I have been seen by exactly 4 pain doctors. All have been very easy to deal with and compasionate about my situation. Dr. Mclaren on the other hand was nothing but an arrogant jerk. Eventhough I was on a certian type of pain medicine for the past 6 years, he would not prescribe what I was taking and so began my issues. Although I told him the new medicine did not work, he would not put me back on the medicine that worked. I spent 4 pain staking months working with him and he simply would not listen. I ultimately fired him, becasue he sucked at his job and deserved it. Stay clear of him. Mclaren is only concerned about making a buck and only listens to sound of his his own voice.

August 6th, 2011
He injected medicine in wrong side of my lower back.

July 26th, 2011
Saved me before year end!
I had 2 Dr.s, in a row, do all the tests and then tell me they didn't do facet injections. At literally the last hour of the year end (over my deductible) he squeezed me in and did a great job. Injected two facet blocks in a few minutes that were very effective. And he was very nice and talkative. Great Doc!!!! I would highly recommend him to anyone with a bad back and have.

September 18th, 2010
I liked that Dr. McLaren took the time to listen to me about past experiences and what has worked and hasn't. He's been very easy to work with compared to others.