Dr. Mate Milak MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.0

May 1st, 2016
Worst, most unsupportive, psychiatrist I have ever worked with in 7 years
Unsupportive Doctor, honestly surprised to see he is still practicing. I used him for about 1.5 years. At first he was helpful, but later on became rather aggressive. I assume he may have been running some sort of experiment/study on me given the change in his manners. He just started mocking me and my stutter, and told me flat out I won't get anywhere in life without losing wieght. I understand the importance on losing wieght but honestly-- you need to be a bit more supportive of your patients. I ended up just cutting ties with this doctor and moving to another provider. I strongly suggest you avoid this doctor at all costs.

July 26th, 2013
A anxious heart
Dr. Milak is absolutely amazing. He takes ample time with you to ensure that you understand what's going on within your mind and to also understand the treatment that he feels best would help. I don't think anyone has ever made me feel as understood as he did!!! Thank you Dr. Milak

March 7th, 2013
He seems like a nice person, but as a psychiatrist, he seems too nervous, unsure and judgmental. His knowledge also seems very limited.

March 4th, 2013
Not what he first seemed.
At first it seemed that he knew what he was doing. But after a few sessions I realized he was limited in his scope of what my problem was. Relied on conventional analysis and provided a "cookie cutter" treatment. Did or was not able to treat the patient in front of him. But he seems like a nice guy. But limited as a psychiatrist.

March 22nd, 2010
Exceptional
Dr. Milak is an exceptional psychiatrist. He is very knowledgeable and very thorough. He has definitely earned his four stars.

October 8th, 2009
Kind, caring yet professional demeanor and spends a lot of time with clients. Very patient and responsive to questions in session.Very thorough initial evaluation.