Dr. Matthew Oswin Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Matthew Oswin?

July 21st, 2017

Very special physician/surgeon

Many patients seem to complain about their surgeons or physicians not being personable or compassionate. One can certainly not say that of Dr. Oswin. He and his staff talk time with patients, ask questions, listen to answers and encourage. None of them try to sugar coat the facts but they always present them in a very compassionate manner.

June 6th, 2016

Terrible...

I went to Matthew Oswin for knee pain that I have had since I was maybe 10 years old. He sent me to get xrays, stated he couldnt see anything on the xrays so he sent me for an MRI, at my follow up appointment, he proceeds to tell me that the MRI came back normal and that he found out what was wrong on my xrays, got called for an emergency surgery, during my appointment, told me he couldnt help me and didn't even explain what was wrong with me and bolted out the door. I will never tell anyone to go see this man, all he wants is a quick buck.

March 7th, 2015

You'll see PA's more than actual doctor but all are knowledgeable and courteous

December 26th, 2014

I had an arthroscopic meniscus shaving by Dr. Oswin. Before my surgery, I was so disabled with a torn up meniscus and severed ACL that I had once had to call my husband home fro work because I was stuck in the bathtub and couldn't get up. I couldn't walk for more than a few blocks, and every day I had serious pain that impacted my quality of life. six months after surgery, which was almost completely painless, today my new fitbit I got for Christmas tells me I walked six miles. Thank you so much, Dr. Oswin.

October 16th, 2014

Best of Both Worlds

First, full disclosure: I grew up and lived for years in Boston (a medical Mecca loaded with top-notch doctors and world-class hospitals) so I am completely spoiled when I comes to the quality of my medical care -- I am accustomed to nothing less than the best. On that point, I am totally satisfied with the care I received from Dr. Oswin. And lest you think I'm an "easy grader," my wife -- who is a doctor in her own right -- was equally impressed. We concluded I could not have received better care if we had flown back to Boston and she had referred me to a bunch of doctors she knows personally. 'Nuff said. That's only the beginning, however. Dr. Oswin is a person who puts the "care" in healthcare. He is extraordinarily generous with his time to make sure you understand your condition, understand the pros and cons of your treatment options, and understand why he recommends a particular option. He is amazingly patient answering *all* of your questions. He doesn't just put your x-ray up on the screen, frown at it, and then tell you that you need some procedure. Instead, he shows you your x-ray, explains what's normal and not normal, and teaches you as much as you are willing to learn. When he is with you in the exam room, you feel like you must be his only appointment of the day. (And I could never find *that* in Boston!) Thus, he is the Best of Both Worlds. Now, all the time he takes with you comes at a price -- he's always running behind schedule. If you want your appointment to start precisely on time and end exactly 12 minutes later, he is probably not the doctor for you. If you are willing to wait for a doctor who will take the time to really "see" you -- instead of seeing right past you -- you want this guy. As the old saying goes, "some things are worth waiting for."

May 17th, 2014

THE absolute BEST!!!

Everything about this, my second surgical experience with the amazing person who is Dr. Oswin, was wonderful!! I honestly say this from my heart, he is kind, gentle, EMPATHETIC and sympathetic. He is also incredibly gifted, and I'm so thankful to have found him! I had INTENSIVE shoulder surgery 3 years ago and carpal tunnel release last week and had not a single, solitary bit of anxiousness about his technique or expertise. It MATTERS that he cares for you as a person rather than money, especially in this day and age!! Everyone I've had the privilege of meeting and working with in his office are a BLESSING as well!!

March 8th, 2013

Excellent doctor!!! I was back to normal within the 6-8 weeks time frame after breaking my collarbone in 4 places. Awesome recovery

May 22nd, 2011

What a wonderful Dr.!!

Just had 4 different procedures done on my right shoulder. Dr. Oswin is such a gentle man. He never made me feel as though I was taking up too much of his time during our pre-op consultation. Ieft his office feeling so glad that I had picked him to do this life altering surgery! I am now 3 weeks post-op and recovering pretty well. The only reason I didn't give him all "4 stars" on this review is because after the surgery, I still haven't see him. I've seen a PA,and a nurse, but won't see Dr. Oswin for 6 weeks. All in all I would recommend him to ANYONE!! He has the most wonderful and friendly staff and he is just a delight!

May 5th, 2011

Happy patient

Amazing doctor, fixed my hand that was damaged by another surgeon and now going back for my knee, wouldn't want anyone else! Dr. Oswin is young and is easy to speak with, very caring and I always feel like I understand my diagnosis and treatment options.

January 17th, 2011

One of the Best I have seen

DR Oswin did a great job on the surgery for my broken wrist. It is almost a good as before the fall which left me with a severe break. I am an optician and use of my hands is critical for my work. I have regained full use due to his surgical skills. I would highly reccomend him as a surgeon. He also shows great compassion and care to his patients.

January 14th, 2011

Knee patient

I would recommend Dr. Oswin to anyone needing an Orthopedic Surgeon. He's genuine, caring and VERY skilled as a surgeon. Hurrah for Dr. Oswin.

June 21st, 2010

Dr. Oswin is a great person and surgeon

I would, without reservation, highly recommend Dr. Oswin. He performed surgery on our 7 years old daughter after a severe fracture to her tibia. Dr. Oswin was very attentive in overseeing her health over several months. Great guy (but yes, you may well have a bit of a wait in the office but it is worth it). And he is a busy man for good reason so be succinct and prioritize your questions.