Orthopaedic Surgeon, Surgical Specialist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

|  Horrid female staff  |  show details
Dec 19th, 2014

Dr. Paul was OK but his staff is horrible. From the front office staff thinking that a conversation about "playing with myself" is appropriate in front of patients to telling a disabled patient that they are "ridiculous," these women seriously need some sensitivity training. They were all women of a certain age and not teenagers which made their behavior even worse.

|  Hes not a shrink.  |  show details
by Casey Wagner on May 16th, 2014

Its not his job to be nice to you. He does his job just fine. People are dumb and expect too much. Hes got a difficult job and does it great.

|  Very impressed!  |  show details
by Brittany Clark on Mar 11th, 2014

Dr. Matthew Paul was so wonderful to me. The regular appointments I had with him were most comfortable and insightful, and he made sure I understood what was wrong with my shoulder and what each treatment option could do for me. I was also very impressed with how he handled my surgery. I was frightened, and asked him questions. Not only did he answer them, but he was completely honest about it. He was also very sweet and helped a great deal to ease my fears. I would absolutely see this doctor again! He is truly one of the few with compassion and understanding.

|  Lacks professionalism  |  show details
by Alex on Feb 24th, 2014

I took my wife to him after a long period of waiting and only the nurse spent 10-15 minutes, he came in after another 20 minutes and went out in a matter of 1-2 minutes. No manners, no patience, not listening to us and at the end did nothing. Even I myself as a physician asked him to prescribe a medicine that apparently he did not know about it and referred to his nurse to "take care of it". We never go back again!

|  Reason why I gimp for life!!!!!!!  |  show details
by Debbi on Aug 27th, 2013

This Dr. should NOT have done my surgery!!! He should have told me to go to UC Davis for a specialist from the beginning!!! He and his nurse advised me to not go to a specialist but I knew I needed a second opinion. He pretends to know what he is talking about but if I could go back in time I would have driven for days after being in a wreck vs being crippled for life. This Dr did surgery on my ankle that I shattered and there are no second chances on this surgery. The bone is dead and if they tried it again (correctly) the bone may not heal and I could possibly be stuck never walking again. This Dr. should have used an External fixation instead of casts and boots. He never did a cat scan and pretended to be a hero. DO NOT SEE THIS DOCTOR!!!! I walk with a gimp and it has been two years from when Dr. Matthew Paul did surgery on my ankle. I had two more surgeries after and will never have full motion in my foot again. I'll never wear heals again, go hiking, be able to stand for more than 5 minutes without pain... DO NOT TRUST ANYONE IN THE NORTH!!! GO TO SACRAMENTO!!!!

|  Very good doctor!  |  show details
by Lisa P. on Jul 12th, 2013

Dr. Paul is a wonderful doctor. He is not only a great surgeon but also has a wonderful bedside manner. He readily answers any questions that you might have and is compassionate. His staff is very welcoming and helpful. They do what they say they are going to do. I highly recommend this doctor.

|  Excellent Surgeon  |  show details
Jan 24th, 2013

His office is very busy but worth your wait. He has an amazing amount of wisdom and does his job very well.

|  Awful Experience  |  show details
Aug 16th, 2012

Jocular attitude, disrespectful, he was obviously in a hurry to eat lunch. He had no interest in my case. He will probably bill my insurance $200 for doing essentially nothing.

|  He is rude  |  show details
May 29th, 2012

I was a new patient in his office. Normally a new patient gets more time than just 15 or 20 minutes with the doctor. However, after that amount of time even though I still had many questions he actually said to me "I don't have all afternoon to spend with you; I do have other patients." In many years of seeing a variety of doctors from allergists to surgeons I have never had a doctor be so rude and uncaring.

|  show details
Mar 25th, 2011

By far an exceptional team from start to finish!