Impatient show details Impatient
Apr 20th, 2015

Ok heres the thing. I wouldnt consider him "one of the best" or anyone in Redding or Sacramento. If you want to consult a really good surgeon, see Dr. Terrence Orr in South Lake Tahoe. Dr. Paul was rather impatient with me and didn't offer any solutions to my pain, examples: calcium, collagen, omega 3 supplements, massage, aqua or physical therapies, PRP or stem cell therapy, just to name a few. He just said your fine, suck it up. I wound up making him scope my knee anyways which I dont think he liked vary much. During the surgery I feel he took liberty of my body partially handicapping me at only 30 years of age. I figured he was trust worthy. It was big mistake. I still live an active life, but have serious chronic pain in my knee. He is covered by insurance so he will do what he wants to your body should you choose to have him operate on you. This is your warning. He's not a bad guy, but hes not a excellent surgeon.

by Trina Hughes on Feb 17th, 2015

A true professional! I have recommended to several members of my family...and friends.

NVM show details NVM
by Casey Wagner on Jan 29th, 2015

My knee fell apart.

Update to last review show details Update to last review
Jan 25th, 2015

Dr. Paul read my review about the office staff and, after taking action on it, had the office manager reach out to me. Together they addressed all of my concerns and made sure I fully understood the next steps in my treatment and that there would not be a repeat of my initial experience at the office. I was very impressed with that.

Horrid female staff show details Horrid female staff
Dec 19th, 2014

Dr. Paul was OK but his staff is horrible. From the front office staff thinking that a conversation about "playing with myself" is appropriate in front of patients to telling a disabled patient that they are "ridiculous," these women seriously need some sensitivity training. They were all women of a certain age and not teenagers which made their behavior even worse.

Hes not a shrink. show details Hes not a shrink.
by Casey Wagner on May 16th, 2014

Its not his job to be nice to you. He does his job just fine. People are dumb and expect too much. Hes got a difficult job and does it great.

Very impressed! show details Very impressed!
by Brittany Clark on Mar 11th, 2014

Dr. Matthew Paul was so wonderful to me. The regular appointments I had with him were most comfortable and insightful, and he made sure I understood what was wrong with my shoulder and what each treatment option could do for me. I was also very impressed with how he handled my surgery. I was frightened, and asked him questions. Not only did he answer them, but he was completely honest about it. He was also very sweet and helped a great deal to ease my fears. I would absolutely see this doctor again! He is truly one of the few with compassion and understanding.

Lacks professionalism show details Lacks professionalism
by Alex on Feb 24th, 2014

I took my wife to him after a long period of waiting and only the nurse spent 10-15 minutes, he came in after another 20 minutes and went out in a matter of 1-2 minutes. No manners, no patience, not listening to us and at the end did nothing. Even I myself as a physician asked him to prescribe a medicine that apparently he did not know about it and referred to his nurse to "take care of it". We never go back again!

Reason why I gimp for life!!!!!!! show details Reason why I gimp for life!!!!!!!
by Debbi on Aug 27th, 2013

This Dr. should NOT have done my surgery!!! He should have told me to go to UC Davis for a specialist from the beginning!!! He and his nurse advised me to not go to a specialist but I knew I needed a second opinion. He pretends to know what he is talking about but if I could go back in time I would have driven for days after being in a wreck vs being crippled for life. This Dr did surgery on my ankle that I shattered and there are no second chances on this surgery. The bone is dead and if they tried it again (correctly) the bone may not heal and I could possibly be stuck never walking again. This Dr. should have used an External fixation instead of casts and boots. He never did a cat scan and pretended to be a hero. DO NOT SEE THIS DOCTOR!!!! I walk with a gimp and it has been two years from when Dr. Matthew Paul did surgery on my ankle. I had two more surgeries after and will never have full motion in my foot again. I'll never wear heals again, go hiking, be able to stand for more than 5 minutes without pain... DO NOT TRUST ANYONE IN THE NORTH!!! GO TO SACRAMENTO!!!!

Very good doctor! show details Very good doctor!
by Lisa P. on Jul 12th, 2013

Dr. Paul is a wonderful doctor. He is not only a great surgeon but also has a wonderful bedside manner. He readily answers any questions that you might have and is compassionate. His staff is very welcoming and helpful. They do what they say they are going to do. I highly recommend this doctor.

Excellent Surgeon show details Excellent Surgeon
Jan 24th, 2013

His office is very busy but worth your wait. He has an amazing amount of wisdom and does his job very well.

Awful Experience show details Awful Experience
Aug 16th, 2012

Jocular attitude, disrespectful, he was obviously in a hurry to eat lunch. He had no interest in my case. He will probably bill my insurance $200 for doing essentially nothing.

He is rude show details He is rude
May 29th, 2012

I was a new patient in his office. Normally a new patient gets more time than just 15 or 20 minutes with the doctor. However, after that amount of time even though I still had many questions he actually said to me "I don't have all afternoon to spend with you; I do have other patients." In many years of seeing a variety of doctors from allergists to surgeons I have never had a doctor be so rude and uncaring.

Mar 25th, 2011

By far an exceptional team from start to finish!