Dr. Matthew Quan MD Patient Reviews

• Dermatology New York, NY

May 13th, 2016
Do NOT got to this doctor, he has no beside manner, he breezes through the appointment and dont even explain anything. He tells me his MA will explain everything and rushes out of the room. I had biopsies done, he never called, his MA calls and tells me what needs to be done, even if its cancerous. Very unprofessional office, the new staff has no idea what to tell me,

August 25th, 2015
The best dermatologist I have ever been to. Talks to you, explains things to you, makes you feels comfortable. Staff is kind and courteous.

June 30th, 2014
I saw the dr. In his clifton nj office. He did what he had to. I had melanoma skin cancer on the right side of my nose and he did a very good job in the surgery which had to be done. I was very satisfied,

May 23rd, 2013
He is amazing
Dr. Quan is an amazing doctor and these negative reviews are absurd. He spent time with me to explain what the skin cancer was and how I might of got it and was very thorough!! He removed the skin cancer for Me and I am left with a beautiful Scar that is hard to even locate unless i point it out! He followed up with me Several time and his staff in mt.Kisco is fantastic! Dr. Quan is amazing And he is a life saver and I would Recommend everyone to go to Him for Their MOHs surgery !!!

March 7th, 2013
Shocked at the rudeness of his staff.
This review is not directly about the doctor himself. I did not get that far. I called his Lockwood Ave, New Rochelle office and was greeted by what I would say was the most obnoxious staff individual I have ever encountered.I asked for specific information regarding the doctors experience and success with a certain ailment and I was treated as if I was questioning the doctors abilities. I was told of his vast number of years as a dermatologist and his great schooling. Neither of these bits of information applied to the question I had. To see a specialist today costs me $50 a pop and I will make sure that the doctor I see has the experience I need. A guy can be a cop for 40 years and never shoot his gun. Many years as a doctor does not give you experience in all areas. Gone are the days that the doctor is considered a god. Well I hung up on this pathetic specimen and this doctor has lost my business and anyone else to whom I choose to tell this story.

February 1st, 2013
I think Dr Quan is a very good Dr,
Dr. Quan is an awesome Dr. I read the reviews that were left and they are so untrue. It made me more nervous then i was you people made him out to be an uncaring monster. Well that is far from the truth. He is very good at what he does,

October 12th, 2012
Dr Quon performed MOHS surgery for a squamos cell cancer on the top of my head. He spent time with me in advance and after the surgery to lay out what was going to happen and that it would be a legnthy recovery period due to the location of the wound. I could not have asked for better care and follow up.

September 1st, 2011
Say the Serenity Prayer if you must see Dr. Quan
As other reviewers have said, he spends next to no time with you, rudely and abruptly interrupts whatever you have to say... ZERO bedside manner. This doesn't even scratch the surface, the man simply doesn't listen and his manner is so flip that however correct his diagnosis may be, you end up feeling treated poorly. I've had to see Quan twice when my regular dermatologist was out sick, and each time I just had to grin and bear it to get the prescription filled or procedure done. NOT someone I'd choose, despite Dartmouth credentials, sorry!

January 13th, 2011
If yur time has no value
This is the Dr. for you

October 20th, 2010
Good doctor
He more or less saved my life: I was sent to him by my exceptional MD who saw a mole which did not look right to him. Quan saw me within two days, looked at it, did not hesitate to tell me that it was probably a melanoma, took a deep cut to get as much as could right away, called me back two days later to tell me it was melanoma, performed surgery two days after that, and I am fine after 8 years. I see him every 6 months. He has a strong personality which might put some people off, but he is very smart and very careful to do the right thing (I have sent others to him).

October 8th, 2009
Rude
This man has no professional ethics and rude to patients. He is there just to make money and doesn't care for people's health.

February 18th, 2009
I waiting over a month for an appointment but it was worth it. Dr. Quan is charming, funny, and personal. i felt very connected to him on my visit. i was a lot better than most dr i am visited over the years. he set me up for success for my psorasis issue to get it under control quickly.