Dr. Matthew Kaufman MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 17th, 2016
Fantastic doctor
I grew up overseas and when I was 10 I fractured my nose pretty badly. After having a barbaric fracture treatment which was not a treatment really (they broke my nose even more) I have developed a fear and an anxiety towards the doctors. For the next 25 years I breathed only through my mouth and I couldn't take more than one sip from a straw a time when drinking. Over the last couple of years I started to snore and whistle with my nose. My friend talked me into going and seeing a professional. I heard of Dr. Matthew Kauffman's work from other very satisfied patients of his. Because my surgery would have been not just cosmetic but to repair my deviated septum I was looking for a double board certified ENT and plastic and reconstructive surgeon and was happy to find out he was both . After consulting with him we were able to identify my goals. The software he used allowed me to see final results. I loved the fact that he was very conservative. He understood that the cosmetic changes I was looking to make must be subtle as I wasn't looking to change my appearance but to correct the imperfections that were created after my first surgery yeas ago. He assured me that if I choose to go with him and his team I would have a very positive experience. About 3 days after our consultation I decided that I could no longer live in fear and I needed to develop trust and faith in doctors again and I felt Dr . Kaufman would be the one to help me overcome this challenge. The day of surgery the OR staff was wonderful as well as the anesthesiologist who made sure my first general anesthesia experience would be a good one. Walking into this OR I was once again a scared 10 year old but this time I was guided by wonderful, understanding and caring staff and walking out of there I was a brave and strong woman. The surgery went well. It's been a week and the splint is off and I could not be happier with the results. My nose is still swollen but I can see and feel a huge improvement already. No longer bruised. The best part is that none of my colleagues even noticed that I had cosmetic work done. So from the bottom of my heart I would like to thank Dr. Kauffman for everything he has done for me as well as his very professional staff.

June 3rd, 2016
I can breaath again!!!!!
After being told there was no help for my paralyzed Phrenic nerve damage causing my diaphragm to also be paralyzed I found Dr Kauffman through the Internet. I am 6 months and my breathing has improved 100 percent

February 3rd, 2016
Dr. Matthew Kaufman is a Blessing!
Dr. Matthew Kaufman is wonderful as a doctor, as a surgeon and as a man. He is professional and truly cares for his patients. He takes time to explain everything and answer your questions. Dr. Kaufman uses his God-given talent to give people HOPE! He is a Blessing to me and I highly recommend him.

September 24th, 2015
Gifted surgeon
I had sought out Dr. Kaufman as I has a paralyzed diaphragm and needed a phrenic nerve graft surgery, in order to get the diaphragm moving again. Dr. Kaufman is the only known surgeon in the world, who has the expertise to do this rare and specialized surgical procedure. I had to travel to New Jersey to have this procedure done. He is a truly gifted surgeon with a wonderful bedside manner. I truly feel blessedly have had the opportunity to see him, so he could help me.

June 28th, 2015
Caring and Professional....A Very Positive Experience
When I finally, after years of contemplation, committed to a breast augmentation, I was living in Europe. Despite my restrictive schedule for flying to America to have the surgery, Dr. Kaufman's team amazingly booked everything with ease, allowing ample time for the surgery and follow-up before returning to Europe. They stayed in touch with me before, during and after the surgery. His team shared insight and exuded warmth. I immediately felt comfortable. From the moment I met Dr. Kaufman I knew that I would be more than fine. He is sensitive, professional and caring. He quickly understood my situation and addressed all of my options, weighing pros and cons of each. Dr. Kaufman has a "can do" attitude and made it all seem very easy, which it was. He and his team have been attentive on all follow-up and supportive. I honestly feel like it is a social visit when I come to his offices, which has made the entire experience very pleasant and positive. I highly recommend Dr. Kaufman and his practice.

June 5th, 2014
Chronic Migraine Sufferer Given Life Back
I came to Dr. Kaufman suffering from severe Chronic Migraines, all types of migraines; barometric pressure (weather related), menstrual, stress and hemiplegic migraines. All of which I have suffered since I was about 13 years old. The past 4-6 years had just become a nightmare where I existed instead of living. I had used daily meds, very strong narcotics, Botox gave me some relief, and then nerve blocks I needed permanent relief or I would also lose my job. Then I found Wonderful Dr. Kaufman! He was fantastic! He explained the steps of the surgery to me and my husband, he was so concerned for my well being and when you are talking with him you can sense he has a true desire to help people especially those in pain. This nerve decompression surgery (migraine Trigger surgery) to alleviate my migraines was a HUGE Success. Dr. Kaufman saw me in recovery (same day surgery) and gave me a thumbs up. I went into the surgery with a migraine and came out feeling better than I went in, not just because of the meds either. Even the recovery was easier than any migraine I have suffered. Dr. Kaufman followed up with me the very next day. I have had my 3 month check up and still have not had a migraine. I Highly recommend Dr. Kaufman to anyone suffering migraines, that has that rattle when you walk feeling (from all the pills), is afraid of sunlight, can't sneeze without pain & agony, go get a consultation with him and see if he cant help get your life back also! I am still finding out things I have been missing.

March 10th, 2014
Testimonial
I couldn’t have chosen a better surgeon. After having three bilateral Phyllodes Tumors removed from my breasts, I experienced a random growth spurt over the course of a year. No physician could diagnosis the cause as I had grown to be a G cup. I was self-conscious and uncomfortable to say the least. Dr. Kaufman had been highly recommended to me and after speaking with him and his staff, I knew I was in great hands. Dr. Kaufman performed a breast reduction and a lift, the results are amazing! Dr. Kaufman is an incredible surgeon and I have and will continue to highly recommend him to everyone.

April 6th, 2012
Dr. Kaufman is a true professional. He is extremely knowledgable as well as very caring and compassionate. He explained my procedure thoroughly and put me at ease. I was told my recovery could take months and he was there for me every step of the way. His staff is wonderful and very caring as well. I would recommend Dr. Kaufman to anyone in need of his services.

June 23rd, 2011
Dr. Kaufman and his entire staff are caring and friendly. Dr Kaufman performed surgery on me and I am very pleased with the results. In fact, it turned out better than I had hoped for. I would not hesitate to be his patient again.

February 17th, 2011
Kind and caring physician who exceeded my expectations. Dr Kaufman has a wonderful office staff that made my experience a pleasant one over all.

July 3rd, 2010
- The most kind, caring & compassionate doctor that I have ever been taken care by - My experience has overall been very pleasant & felt very well taken care of....he went above & beyond