Dr. Matthew Rivard Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Matthew Rivard?

November 6th, 2013

got my life back!

I would trust this Dr. again for anything. He was very careful to explain to me that the procedure I wanted was serious and dangerous. I chose to go ahead with it because I did not want to look like I did at that time for the rest of my life. The surgery went well and I am enjoying life again. A few minor complications have been encountered along the way, but Dr. Rivard is helping me get over them too. I think he is the best and am glad I trusted him to take care of me.

April 2nd, 2013

Best Overall Care

Patient Doc - took time with family - answered all questions.

May 10th, 2012

MOST COMPASSIONATE SKILLED DOCTOR I HAVE EVER MET

Need I say more? What an awesome surgeon!

December 27th, 2011

This doctor should not be allowed to practice medicine!

After my gallbladder was removed, I had a lot of complications. Dr. Rivard told me that I was being a "drama queen" and that my complications were actually just anxiety. In reality, my entire abdomen had filled up with bile as a result of my surgery. Instead of admitting me to the hospital and getting it taken care of, he sent me home. I wound up being FLOWN to the hospital later and was admitted while they dealt with the complications. I was hospitalized for ELEVEN weeks while they figured it out. Needless to say, Dr. Rivard was removed as my doctor after involving the hospital administrators and ombudsman to resolve our issues with him. NEVER AGAIN! I hope to never see him, hear from him or run into him. He made a mountain out of a molehill instead of just owning up to his mistake initially. It all could have been avoided if he'd just been willing to take me seriously the first time I complained of pain. He absolutely should NOT be allowed to treat patients.I had the surgery as an emergency surgery, and believe me, if I'd met him prior to the surgery, I NEVER would have let him operate on me.

December 19th, 2016