Dr. Matthew Romberg MD Patient Reviews

• Obstetrics and Gynecology Austin, TX

• Good
  • Bad

June 7th, 2015
Love Dr. Romberg and his staff!

June 1st, 2015
Dr. Romberg is OK but his staff is beyond incompetent. I saw him last Aug. 14, 2014 for a routine wellness check. The bill sent to my ins was coded incorrectly and therefore not covered. I called my ins and was told to have Romberg's staff simply re submit it with the correct coding as that service is covered 100%. Romberg's staff not only refuses to re submit the bill saying it is up to me to straighten this out but they continue to bill me every month for it. When I call the number listed on the bill they say they have no record of that account or bill. The lab work was also not paid by my ins and finally I had to pay that out of my own pocket as I have an illness that requires labs and the outstanding bill there WAS sent to collections and is now on my credit rating I suppose. Lila Bass is a billing mgr at Romberg's office who could not be any less helpful. Other staff is often rude when I call to try to straighted this out. Once again this morning I spoke to my ins company and was told to have Romberg's office re submit the bill, I called his office and was once again told they have no clue what I'm talking about. Finally the guy said Lila Bass was there but "not available" and I would get a call back ASAP.... never got a return call. I cannot for the life of me understand why they refuse to simply re submit this bill especially when ins has said it IS covered and they will pay if they get the correct billing code. They say my ins co made the incorrect entry of the coding number, ins says that is the coding number they got. Why is it so un thinkable to simply re submit is beyond me. As I said, Dr. Romberg is OK and yet now I need to find another OBGYN to see as I cannot trust his staff to bill correctly or to help when a simple error has been made. Save yourself some trouble and see a different Dr.

July 12th, 2012
Dr b
I love Dr Romberg. He makes going to the gyno a great experience. He explains everything he does to you when he is doing it. He jokes around with and makes you at ease. It was a long wait due to a baby delivery but I didn't mind because he spent his time with me and educated me on my disease. I highly recommend Dr Romberg.

October 11th, 2011
I have to agree with the other reviews. I too had a very pleasant experience with Dr Romberg and his office. He has excellent bedside manners. He truly cares, he listens and puts you at ease. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a new obgyn!

December 10th, 2010
Don't go if you are black
The doctor was rude to me the first time he meet me. I was nice, I greeted him. I thought maybe he had a bad day. Each time after that he was rude als ...

February 1st, 2017