Surgical Specialist
925 Chestnut St
Fl 5
Philadelphia, PA 19107
800-321-9999
Locations and availability (11)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Finally a Surgeon Who Cared!  |  show details
by Marissa on Sep 30th, 2013

I had a bi-lateral TKR a couple of years ago and never fully recovered. Everybody told me it would get better with time. The orthopedic surgeon who did the surgery blew me off. A friend had recommended Dr. Austin due to his extensive revision work. Well let me tell you, he is a magician! I finally have my life back. Thank you, thank you Dr. Austin

|  Very disappointed  |  show details
Jul 30th, 2013

After a year of them playing ping pong ball with my 83 year mother we left with no help for the pain in her knee. After One Dr gave her a shot in her leg she went down hill and they passed her around like a hot potato no one wanted to help her, they just kept ordering test after test. When confronted about the test and what seemed to have been overlooked Dr Austin was dis interested and just threw us out like an old shoe, very sad that my sweet mom was so mis treated.

|  Not Dr. Rothman...that's for sure !!!  |  show details
Oct 1st, 2012

Very negative experience with this doctor...

|  show details
Mar 16th, 2012

I struggled for over 15 years with severe arthritis in both knees. I went to the same orthopedic for over 20 years. After many knee surgeries my doctor told me I needed bilateral knee replacement but wouldn't do it because of my age(38) I met Dr. Austin in 2011 and I respected the fact that he was very straight forward with me and was able to look beyond my age. His main concern was for me to get my quality of life back. I underwent bilateral tkr in July 2011 and have not regretted my decision. I still have a way to go but as the months go by I feel so much better....Thank you Dr. Austin for looking beyond my age and for giving me my life back and for being a wonderful caring and compassionate doctor... You are the best!!!!!

|  Amazing doctor  |  show details
Jan 7th, 2012

Fellow doctors call him a magician....I would have to agree. His skill and bedside manner are outstanding. Although the waiting time to see him was sometimes long, I brought a good book...he is well worth the wait!!

|  Wish I never saw him  |  show details
Sep 28th, 2011

Don't let the Rothman name be the reason you go there,

|  A great doctor!  |  show details
May 31st, 2011

A caring doctor who takes great care to explain your procedure before surgery and really cares about you post op recovery.

|  please don't tell patients you care  |  show details
May 6th, 2011

I was referred to Dr. Austin by an other surgean who did a total knee replacement on me, Due to complications out of his realm of expertise, he sent me to Dr. Austin. When I called for the appt. I explained to the appointment taker the situation and refused an appt to see him. Even though I was referred by ano ther surgean looking for assitance I was denied an appt for a year from the date of surgery and was told there is no other ortho surgean that would see me under that time period. They were wrong, I have an appt next week so much for their caring professionalism. We go to doctors for help and this office refuses it!

|  show details
Jan 23rd, 2011

Dr. Austin had a wonderful bedside manner and was a top notch surgeon!

|  Dr. Austin is a professional that I would highley recommend.  |  show details
Jan 21st, 2011

I had seen Dr. Austin on an emergency basis. I was scared and frustrated and he and his staff helped me through my ordeal. I would highly recommend Dr. Austin to any friend or family member as a caring, understanding, supportive, doctor. thank you Dr. Austin. Two years free from any issues.....