Pediatrician
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

by ilkem on Jun 20th, 2013

Dr. Matthew Cohen is truly an amazing doctor. I was referred to Dr. Cohen after I moved to Long Beach from Queens. My son's pediatrician in Queens was a good doctor too, however, my son was afraid of him and always cried when we went to him. But that all changed with Dr. Cohen. After we moved to Long Beach, my son got really sick. I went to 2 other doctors before Dr. Cohen who misdiagnosed him and gave him wrong medicine. Which is why he didn't get better for a month. I walked into Dr. Cohen's office and the staff took my son as a walk-in and in about 15-20 minutes we were able to see Dr. Cohen, who then immediately was able to CORRECTLY diagnose my son. He got better within 24 hours. I am so glad I met Dr. Cohen, My son loves him, and loves going to his office. Dr. Cohen, you are a wonderful Doctor, Thank you!

|  Dissapointment  |  show details
Mar 20th, 2013

This practice was a complete disappointment. Dr. Cohen is extremely condescending and keeps running out of the room while you are in the middle of asking questions. He overbooks himself and attempts to see 5 kids at once, he spits information out at you like a machine-gun and hands you some generic print out that he's given you a million times already. His "friendliness" is so transparent and his ego is so big he doesn't want your child seeing any other doctors/specialists if you have concerns. I would absolutely NOT recommend this doctor. Long Beach is better off with him in Rockville Centre.

Jun 23rd, 2012

Dr. Matt is a good doctor for our babies. Despite the office being constantly busy, he takes the time to explain every diagnosis to us in detail. You can tell he genuinely cares for the children in his care and doesn't see them as just another billable patient. I have recommended him and will continue to do so to anyone.

|  Great Pediatrician!!  |  show details
Mar 19th, 2012

Dr. Matt is a great pediatrician. I've been taking my daughter there since she was an infant (she's now 2 1/2). He's very caring and takes great care of her! He's also great at explaining the diagnosis to me when she's sick. I have recommended him to all of my friends and family and would continue to do so!

|  Excellent  |  show details
Aug 17th, 2011

Excellent Dr.

|  Perfect Pediatrician  |  show details
Aug 16th, 2011

Starting using Dr. Matt and he is amazing with the children, he takes the time out to make sure we understand the diagnosis. He truly cares about the kids. The staff is great and upbeat. The office is busy, therefore I had to wait about 20 minutes, but the visit alone made up for it. The kids love him, he is an overall GREAT doctor!!!

|  I trust my daughter's pediatrician!  |  show details
Aug 12th, 2011

Very kind and courteous staff. Cannot believe I read negative reviews about Dr. Matt's staff. Dr. Matt is such a caring and knowledgable doctor. I couldn't be happier with our choice in this practice.

Jun 23rd, 2011

My children love Dr. Matt and he is extremely caring with them. I refer him to everyone I know. The support staff at times can feel a little cold considering that the patients are little kids, but there are exceptions to that as well. Nothing overshadows his personal care and concern he has for my kids, and I know that that he always is making sure that my children recive the best care. I can't believe some of the other comments say he has an immature demeanor, HE IS WORKING WITH KIDS! He is a great guy. We will continue to reccomend him and be comforted by the fact that our childrens medical care is in his good hands.

Oct 30th, 2010

Dr. Matt is a great guy- he is warm, caring and has a great personality. He explains his diagnosis and makes sure you understand everything. Office staff is not very professional or caring, which drags down the office.

Jul 20th, 2010

Dr. Cohen is a kind and intelligent doctor who takes the time to explain anything you ask him. Someone commented that he has mannerisms of a high school kid. I interpreted his manner as easy going. He is a pediatrician, after all and is trying to keep his patients at ease by creating a less sterile, less scary atmosphere for them.

|  Great pediatrician  |  show details
Jul 10th, 2010

Dr Cohen has been a great pediatrician for us -

Jun 2nd, 2010

Probably the worst doctor i have ever seen, not even sure he is a real doctor. He may be a physician assistant which would make more sense.He does seem to know about anything other than the common cold.

|  lacking in many areas  |  show details
by Anonomous on Jan 28th, 2010

I brought my daughter to see Dr Cohen. I will not be going back. He did not listen to what I had to say, he lacked professionalism and I got the impression that he doesn't value new patients. I would not recommend to friends and/or family.

Oct 17th, 2009

Dr Cohen has the mannerisms of a high school student, not sure if he is a real doctor or not. I will not be seeing him again.