A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Matthew Messina:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Matthew Messina, MD, DO is board certified in Internal Medicine.
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Messina graduated from Universita Degli Studi Di Roma La Sapienza (Facolta I), Rome.More Education & Awards
Dr. Messina has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Southcoast Health Sys - St. Luke's Hospital
- St Lukes Hospital of New Bedford
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Messina accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 2 plans
- Tufts Health Plans - 8 plans
- United Healthcare - 17 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts - 13 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Boston Medical Center Health Net Plan - 2 plans
- Humana - 6 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Fallon Community Health Plan (FCHP) - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 1 plan
- Medicare - 1 plan
More Accepted Insurance
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Matthew S. Messina practice?
Dr. Matthew Messina practices Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease, and Orthopaedic Surgery near North Dartmouth, MA.
Additional practice locations include: Needham, MA.
See North Dartmouth Internists, North Dartmouth Pulmonologists, and North Dartmouth Surgeons.