Dr. Matthew Shapiro, MD
Sports Medicine, Knee, Shoulder, Elbow Conditions, Arthroscopic Surgery of the Knee, Shoulder, & Elbow Specialist
Video profile

2.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
May 22nd, 2015

After several visits at $60 a visit, was told that I needed PT before surgery, Last visit I told him that I was still in extreme pain from shoulder, he told me that he does not operate on MRI results alone, but also pain, then had me against the wall pushing on my bad shoulder saying that when I could touch the wall, then he would consider surgery, I left went to my primary, saw another surgeon, who had me in withiin two weeks, the entire front of my labrum was torn, along with the bicep. Avoid this guy!

Throughly explained my injury and recovery and answered my questions show details Throughly explained my injury and recovery and answered my questions
Mar 29th, 2015

I was a little worried about going to see Dr. Shapiro after reading so many unflattering reviews. However, my experience with Dr. Shapiro was very different. I dislocated my kneecap and was worried about my recovery, the potential for needing surgery and the possibility of the injury ushering in early arthritis (I lost cartilage). Dr. Shapiro talked to me in a way that I could understand, addressing each of these issues, and even gave me a page of notes. I would highly recommend this doctor to a friend or family member.

Nov 22nd, 2013

We were forced to wait over an hour beyond our scheduled appointment time only to have him grace us with 5 minutes of his time. No apology nor explanation was ever given. Clearly he does not respect his patients or their time, but is afraid of their money.

Assembly Line Medicine.. Beware! show details Assembly Line Medicine.. Beware!
by 56 yr old, UO Alumni, Eugene Resident since 1981 on Mar 20th, 2013

If you don't mind being on a conveyor belt as a Fast Food Item, not a real human with real feelings, you might be ok w Dr Shapiro. I felt that my feelings were totally disreguarded as he rushed through his day and onto the next patient. He didn't even ask how I injured myself, what type of accident, etc. He disregurded my quality of life while I waited for results, anhowed absolutely no regard for the length of time I might wait, completely unable to walk, before I had surgery. Quote: "No knee injury without broken bones requgent surgery, they can wait.." (referring to me waiting a month to be worked into his schedule) ... Good Doctors answer your questions with care and Compassion.. He did NOT!

Jan 16th, 2013

Worst bedside manner of any doctor I have encountered. I would definitely avoid this doctor.

no concern for me show details no concern for me
Jun 28th, 2012

he called and asked me to come in asap, and then rushed me out. Drew pictures of my shoulder, never seen an image, was short with me and rude, guess him playing golf or something was more important than my needs. I have been waiting a week for my MRI results and need surgery, but his office is ignoring me.

I Highly recommend... show details I Highly recommend...
Jun 15th, 2012

...this doctor. He did a great job on my shoulder and I know several other people who also thought highly of him. Nice person, donates time to the Eugene Ballet Academy as an on call sport med physician during performances. I'll go back to him if my other shoulder gives out.

Not too good at all, show details Not too good at all,
by name with held for lawful protection on Jun 26th, 2010

At best, he's a good chiropractor not a surgen! Sorry just my medical view.

May 17th, 2010

Best doctor I have ever seen! Seemed like he actually cared about me as an individual! Very compassionate and understanding.