Dr. Matthew Shapiro Is this you?

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Matthew Shapiro?

October 17th, 2017

Arrogant and Condescending

Very rude, arrogant and condescending doctor. Terrible bedside manner. I'd never go back to him.

June 24th, 2016

Jerk!!!!!

This is the second time I have seen him and the only reason I went to see was because my Neurologist referred me to their clinic. When he referred my over I really hoped they did not refer me to Dr. Shipro. He is a consending, insulting, and care nothing about humiliating his patients. He basically almost laughed at me when I told him how I fell during a seizure. He then told me to lose weight and how will need surgery in a few years that will probably fail. Then one of his staff members came in the room and asked if I had the seizure at home. When I told her: Yes She goes: okay, cool!!!! REALLY???? SERIOSLY!!!!!

August 1st, 2015

Not impressed

Very rude..demeaning insulting.not friendly. Got do and don't sketches.. Worst experience ever..will never go back. Personal professional referrals for slocum..dignity and respect are considerations for me. Not warranted here

Doctor's Response

Thank you for choosing Slocum Center for Orthopedics & Sports Medicine for your care. Excellent patient service is something we are continually striving for and hoping to achieve with every patient. We apologize for not meeting your expectations, and we would like the opportunity to resolve this with you. Please contact us at (877) 619-9494 at your convenience. Thank you.

July 14th, 2015

Worst doctor

Rudest doctor ever! Has no empathy or compassion at all.

Doctor's Response

Good afternoon. We are truly sorry for not meeting your expectations, as excellent patient service is something we are continually striving for. We would like the opportunity to resolve this with you, so please contact us at (877) 619-9494. Thank you.

May 22nd, 2015

After several visits at $60 a visit, was told that I needed PT before surgery, Last visit I told him that I was still in extreme pain from shoulder, he told me that he does not operate on MRI results alone, but also pain, then had me against the wall pushing on my bad shoulder saying that when I could touch the wall, then he would consider surgery, I left went to my primary, saw another surgeon, who had me in withiin two weeks, the entire front of my labrum was torn, along with the bicep. Avoid this guy!

Doctor's Response

Hello. Your experience is very important to us. We value our patients, and your comments will help us to continually improve our level of service. Please contact us at (877) 619-9494, so we can discuss your experience during your recent visit. We apologize for not meeting your expectations.

March 29th, 2015

Throughly explained my injury and recovery and answered my questions

I was a little worried about going to see Dr. Shapiro after reading so many unflattering reviews. However, my experience with Dr. Shapiro was very different. I dislocated my kneecap and was worried about my recovery, the potential for needing surgery and the possibility of the injury ushering in early arthritis (I lost cartilage). Dr. Shapiro talked to me in a way that I could understand, addressing each of these issues, and even gave me a page of notes. I would highly recommend this doctor to a friend or family member.

November 22nd, 2013

We were forced to wait over an hour beyond our scheduled appointment time only to have him grace us with 5 minutes of his time. No apology nor explanation was ever given. Clearly he does not respect his patients or their time, but is afraid of their money.

June 19th, 2013

Not helpful or emphatic

March 20th, 2013

Assembly Line Medicine.. Beware!

If you don't mind being on a conveyor belt as a Fast Food Item, not a real human with real feelings, you might be ok w Dr Shapiro. I felt that my feelings were totally disreguarded as he rushed through his day and onto the next patient. He didn't even ask how I injured myself, what type of accident, etc. He disregurded my quality of life while I waited for results, anhowed absolutely no regard for the length of time I might wait, completely unable to walk, before I had surgery. Quote: "No knee injury without broken bones requgent surgery, they can wait.." (referring to me waiting a month to be worked into his schedule) ... Good Doctors answer your questions with care and Compassion.. He did NOT!

January 16th, 2013

Worst bedside manner of any doctor I have encountered. I would definitely avoid this doctor.

June 28th, 2012

no concern for me

he called and asked me to come in asap, and then rushed me out. Drew pictures of my shoulder, never seen an image, was short with me and rude, guess him playing golf or something was more important than my needs. I have been waiting a week for my MRI results and need surgery, but his office is ignoring me.

June 15th, 2012

I Highly recommend...

...this doctor. He did a great job on my shoulder and I know several other people who also thought highly of him. Nice person, donates time to the Eugene Ballet Academy as an on call sport med physician during performances. I'll go back to him if my other shoulder gives out.