Dr. Matthew Tan MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

1.0

September 29th, 2014
I would never recommend this surgeon to anyone. After waiting a month for an appointment I went to his office only to wait two and a half hours in the waiting room, then they finally called me to the doctors room and after thirty minutes more I had no choice but to leave to pickup my son for school. There was NO reason to take this long. There was not that many patients waiting to be seen and they were waiting just as long. If a doctor would make you wait for this long to be seen he obviously has no concern for a patient who needs a surgeon and after reading the reviews on him my experience seems accurate. Do yourself a favor and find another surgeon.

April 29th, 2013
Avoid Dr. Matthew S. Tan! In late April, I was hospitalized and he was the surgery consult doctor--he was awful. Here's an example: I had a test for cancer and it came back (through my attending doctor) as negative (no cancer). Well, Dr. Tan comes in hours later and starts talking, saying that I have a problem and it's bad...then he just stays quiet, and when I ask what to do, he says, "it's a mystery. Go home and pray." Seriously? So at this point, we had to drag information out of him, and it turns out he didn't even bother to get the cancer test results. Since he wasn't doing a thing or providing any help, but instead trying to scare us with incomplete information and silence, my husband and I told him to leave immediately. Other BETTER doctors were doing follow up tests--that's how you do something useful. I soon recovered and was discharged from the hospital, no thanks to Dr. Matthew S Tan and his cruel bedside manner.