Orthopaedic Surgeon, Surgical Specialist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

|  volley girl  |  show details
by justine on Jul 26th, 2013

. I was coaching at a nearby school when my foot was misplaced and after a marvelous jump and down I went. My trainer put my knee back in its place and I was told to go to see Dr. Schramski. I made my appt. on a Tuesday morning with ease. When the doctor came in, he had read the report of the ex-ray that was taken after the injury. He proceeded to tell me that he felt as tho the knee was back in place and everything was fine but just to make sure lets get an MRI. I was sent on my way with my spirits up and a prescription for pain med and anti inflammatory. I was told by the nurse that I should make an appt. at a office where the doctors and the MRI imaging center can transfer information rather quickly so I proceeded to make an appointment 1/2 hour away verses 5 min (because I wanted to results quick) on the following Tues. During that time my pain was not subsiding and I was beginning to get worried. I called Thurs. after the MRI and the office of Dr. Schramski said that the report was in but the doctor had to call me back waited that day no phone call, next day Fri. came and I called back to let the nurse know that I still have not heard from Dr. Schramski. She assured me that he will call by the end of the work day! He never did.!! Now its Monday, 6 days after the MRI and still no call from Dr Schramski , I called AGAIN and the nurse again apologized and said she would let the Dr. know who was not not in the office, but at surgery all day. Tues morning came and Dr. Schramski finally called and gave me the BAD news . I had torn my ACL and both Meniscus !!! WOW had the doctor told me the report days earlier, I could have made an appointment for surgery sooner. Can you believe that he didn't even think I needed an MRI . Just think if I would have listened to him and didn't get one . Very Very upset and would never go back to him.