A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Matthew Schumaecker:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Matthew Schumaecker, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- Heart Failure
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Schumaecker graduated from McGill University Faculty Of Medicine, Montreal.
Dr. Schumaecker has 12 hospital affiliations:
- Lehigh Valley Hospital
- Carilion New River Valley Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Schumaecker accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Aetna - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 11 plans
- Independence Blue Cross - 4 plans
- Capital Blue Cross - 6 plans
- Unicare - 5 plans
- Blue Cross of Northeastern Pennsylvania - 5 plans
- Geisinger Health Plan - 5 plans
- Evercare - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Gateway Health Plan - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Matthew M. Schumaecker practice?
Dr. Matthew Schumaecker practices Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Cardiology near Tazewell, VA.
Additional practice locations include: Roanoke, VA and Bedford, VA.
See Tazewell Internists and Tazewell Cardiologists.