Dr. Matthew Slater Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Matthew Slater?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

July 25th, 2017

Calming, confident, caring with an excellent informative manner. And a great surgeon and person as well

July 8th, 2014

Dr. Slater is the best you will find!

Dr. Slater and his team are absolutely fabulous! My father had two prior aortic valve replacements, and then needed a third open heart surgery to replace his aortic, mitral, and tricuspid valve, as well as a new aortic artery and a maze procedure. With the amount of problems he had, and this being his third open heart surgery, this was high risk. Dr. Slater met with us in a few weeks prior, and told us he was just going to fix him. When we had our first meeting, he came in, threw dad's chart on the counter, and just started talking about his case. He knew everything by heart about my 59 year old father's entire medical history. He read all the operating notes from every procedure he had ever had done. He drew pictures for us so we knew what he was going to do. He reassured us everything was going to go well. Above all else, Slater surrounds himself with an incredible team. What we liked at our first meeting was that he said his team will sit down for hours and hash out ideas how to do the surgery before they ever go in there. His second surgeon Nick Engstrom was wonderful as well. He was confident, checked on dad several times a day every day after the procedure. His other PA's Paul and Elan were also wonderful. They gave us tours of the ICU prior to surgery and reassured us how strong the team was. Above all Slater is a humble team player. His bedside manner is very enjoyable. He is not arrogant in any way, and always gives credit to his team, even though he is the true genius behind the operation. Anyone who wouldn't recommend Slate is crazy. Everyone in our family has said if they need to have open heart surgery, Slater is hands down our man.

March 9th, 2012

Dr. Slater is the Best

I had aortic valve replacement surgery performed on 2/27/12. There were no complications and I left the hospital after 8 hours in the ICU and 4 days of recovery in the cardiac acute care unit.Everyone in Dr. Slater's office is knowledgeable, compassionate and very helpful.Dr Slater is very easy to speak with and is a "straight-shooter". He took the time to answer every question I asked and his answers were detailed yet easy to understand. He and his staff are simply the best.I couldn't have asked for a better team of professionals to help me through one of the most difficult times of my life. My wife and I will be forever grateful to Dr. Slater and his entire team for everything they've done.I can also honestly say that all of the comments I made above apply to everyone that cared for me in the ICU and in the CACU. They're the best.

January 8th, 2009

Best Cardiothoracic Surgeon in PDX

Excellent doctor with tremendous skill and ability. He did my open heart surgery and saved my life. I highly rate Dr. Slater and recommend him to anyone needing his specialization .

June 14th, 2017