Dr. Matthew Stanfield, MD
Neurosurgeon

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  show details
Dec 15th, 2014

After having surgery with Dr. Stanfield, I NEVER saw him once. His staff is by far the WORST staff I've ever encountered. They roll their eyes at patients and are beyond rude! I had to drive two hours to see him and I'd wait in the lobby for at least 45 minutes- 1 hour or more. Then I'd wait in the room for another 30 minutes for his PA Dr. Bobby Greene to see me. After having the same pain from before surgery, I asked Dr. Greene to request an MRI (in front of family). He adamantly REFUSED. Then months after his refusal I landed in the ER for the pain. Dr. Stanfield's office referred me to another Neurologist because, and I quote, "Dr. Stanfield doesn't treat headaches.". Then after waiting 4 months to get into the new neuro, he schedules an MRI and finds a CSF leak. (Which is what Stanfield was supposed to fix!) I called Dr. Stanfield's office to inform them what was found and how ignorant they are. All of the sudden they wanted to see me again after passing me off. I REFUSE TO GO BACK TO THIS PLACE! WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!!! I spent month in pain and feeling passed over! I will be perusing legal action! RUN FAR FAR AWAY FROM THIS DOCTOR!!!!

|  show details
Aug 26th, 2014

If attentiveness is important to you, this is your doc. He takes his time to listen, investigate, explain what's wrong, discuss options. Great surgeon, wonderful bedside manner - a rare combination. Wish other doctors would pay attention like Dr Stanfield does.

|  Deaconess Home Care Administrator  |  show details
by Sarah Smith on Apr 22nd, 2014

This Dr is one of the most amazing I have dealt with in my career and as a patient. He takes his time with his patients, accurate dx, and gets the job done without wondering what's going to happen. thank you for treating me!!

|  Outstanding!  |  show details
by Mary Mykytyn on Apr 13th, 2013

I hurt my neck several weeks ago. I went to see Dr. Stanfield and within two days, I had P.T. appointments and my MRI scheduled. It was amazing. On both of my office visits, he talked to me for about an hour. I am 54 years old and I rarely receive that in a doctors office!

|  overall  |  show details
by Jerry Lee Tyner on May 30th, 2010

Gave me all the information he could and let me decide which treatment I prefered. He helped me decide on a treatment that he did not perform which also shows honesty. very good besdside manner. I am 72 years old and he has the best bedside manner of any doctor I have had and I have had some good ones. He was never in a hurry and stressed the point to call him anytime, night or day with any kind of question withought worrying about whether he might think it wasn't worth calling him.