Orthopedic Surgeons, Surgical Specialist
23550 Park St
Ste 100
Dearborn, MI 48124
313-730-0500
Locations and availability (2)

2.5

|  Mrs. M Will never be back and neither will any loved ones of mine  |  show details
by Disgusted Patient on Feb 4th, 2014

Seen this clown on 1-28-2014 after being referred by several people to Dearborn Ortho. After waiting more than 1 hour to see Dr. Steffes he appeared less than interested. ( I already new that I had a fractured foot due to going to urgent care for temp cast. ) Actually this dude seemed annoyed to have to deal with me. He squeezed my foot after " I took off the temp cast " and said yup broke follow me... oh grab your stuff when you come.. ( purse, coat, acebandages etc. ) followed him bare-foot down a filthy carpet to another waiting room next to Xray. "Have a seat" again waited for another "less than warm person" to help me. waited a very short time for Xray and then told to go back into waiting room. BareFoot of course and wait for Mr. Sunshine to come. After 10min Mr. Sunshine did come in and said we will have you fitted in a boot and get you on your way.. "since your able to walk" was his response to me. Like I had a choice after being shuffled around in barefooted broken foot without even a glance or extended hand in case I lost my balance. I have reported him to BCBS and several other people whom have children in hockey and inevitably need to see a bone doctor at one time or another.

|  Bad experience!  |  show details
by R. L. on Jan 30th, 2014

I was referred to dr. Steffes practice due to a slip that resulted in severe knee pain. I already I didn't have any fractures but I wanted to make sure there was no ligament, tendon, meniscus issues. He did not even examine me! I was shocked and asked him if he wanted to see my knee and I could take off my pants, and he said it wasn't necessary. He just had me walk a few steps, flex and extend my knee. I asked then if he couldn't give me an MRI he said it wasn't necessary either! That I could have a meniscus issue and need surgery but if I waited 2 weeks in pain wouldn't make worse or any difference. He gave me tons of painkillers (which is not why I went there for). My knee and leg have black bruises almost and it's swollen, yet he didn't even care to see or examine that. He didn't solve my problem and now I will have to go to another doctor and wait longer in pain. Stay away from him.

|  frustrated  |  show details
by loriG on Apr 17th, 2013

]I saw Dr. Steffes as a referral from my doctor. I was diagnosed w/ a sprained medial ligament but had no MRI. My doctor referred me to Dr. Steffes so I could get Xrays & MRI done to distinquish what my injury is & determine a recovery protocol. Dr. Steefes saw me & did'nt seem too concerned about what I had to say, my experience w/ my injury & my history. He did not seem invested. He did have me do Xrays which showed I have arthritis. He told me to get whatever I could out of my knee cuz I will most likely need a knee replacement in the future. His words exactly . Which may be true but I am 43 years young! What can I do now to deal w/ the pain??? To make myself better??? He had no advice for me. No protocol. He did not even go into detail about what arthritis means, what type it was. He did send me home with exercises but that is only because I asked for them. I went home frustrated. And he did not do an MRI either. Yes I do have arthritis & maybe that is the main source for my pain but how do I know. I could have some soft tissue damage there as well. He did not even entertain that idea. I went home and researched arthritis in the knee on the web & learned SO MUCH!!! There is sooooooo much Dr. Steffes could have told me & did not. I'm so disappointed in my visit w/ Dr. Steffes. It took a week to get in to see him & my pain has been severe. I was looking so forward to having the knowledge of a specialist & having a protocol to move forward w/ and that did not happen. And although it is arthritis from what I read there are still things I can do to help manage the pain & live w/ it day to day. After reading everything online I feel hopeful . After my appointment w/ Dr. Steffes I felt HOPELESS. I would NOT recommend this guy. How disappointing he was and I still have to pay for it! :(