Dr. Matthew Surgan MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

May 1st, 2015
And this guy is a doctor???
How is it that if your a little bit late for your appointment (10 minutes), then make you wait 45 minutes only to be ultimately told the doctor won't see you because you were late??? If that is how you treat people let alone patients, God help anyone that entrusts their care to this guy who poses as a doctor.

March 20th, 2015
Dr. Surgan was good for the initial visit taking the time to talk and recommend testing. However, the staff is absolutely horrible my test results came back all negative and it was days of calling to even get results even though I was told they were all received and at the doctor. When I asked for a follow up call from the doctor to discuss next steps, since obviously I was still having the symptoms that caused me the visit in the first place, I was called back 4 days later and told by a receptionist Dr. Surgan says go back to your primary. So basI call he will send u for initial testing just a board of tests that seem like his routine go to, and if they come back negative you are left Hugh and dry unable to speak to him again. Definitely would not recommend him if you are looking for a thorough doctor who will listen to your symptoms and help you find a cause for symptoms. Honestly, just good for writing a s rip and sending you to a lab. Very disappointed.

February 28th, 2012
Dr. Surgan is very thorough, observant, and I feel I am fortunate to be his patient. He is down to earth, explains things well, and is gentle and caring. I have only good things to say about him. It is great to find a doctor who is so conscientious.His nurse is also very kind and caring.The office staff are iffy however, depending on what kind of mood they're in, nice sometimes, and abrupt and can be a bit rude at times. Kaden is the exception, and is always very nice and helpful.

December 28th, 2011
Disappointed
The staff didn't have my medical records when I got there, even though they got my old doctor's info. The doctor wasn't impressive. He did spend more time with me than most will, but he didn't seem very caring or interested in my situation. I went for labs and he called me a week later with the results. He called in the prescription and when I called to find out what it was, it turns out it was what I had been on before. I had explained to him during my visit that it wasn't good for me, that I had heart palpitations on it. Even my old blood-work showed the dose was too high. I left a message to get a different dose, and he called 2 days later wondering what the problem was. I explained that my body was sensitive and even at a lower dose I could feel side effects. He said that wasn't possible. That it takes weeks to get into the bloodstream. He finally agreed on the lower dose, but when I went to pick it up, it wasn't there. He never called it in. He seems lazy, uncaring, and narrow minded.

March 28th, 2011
Dr. Surgan has a very nice, professional manner and explains things very clearly. He seems to genuinely care about his patients.

April 17th, 2010
After seeing 2 other Endocrinologists I saw Dr. Surgan who spent a very generous amount of time interviewing me and answering all my questions, then examining me more thoroughly than I have ever been examined before. This was thrilling for me because he's very easy on the eyes and I didn't mind him having his hands all over me!Once we were done he sent me for labs and called me 2 days later with results and instructions. I've been back to see him a few times since, and I've never felt better!WOW!

May 26th, 2009
Excellent Doctor
Dr. Surgan took extensive time with me to discuss my medical issues. I was very pleased with him.