Dr. Matthew Montgomery Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Matthew Montgomery?

Loss of trust

Posted on July 7th, 2013

Dr. Montgomery told me while I was in labor that I needed drugs to speed things up. When I asked questions he blatantly lied about one of my drug choices, asked if I wanted another doctor, and then came back when my husband had left the room and told me that I could either pick drugs or they would send me home while my contractions were 2 minutes apart. My medical records state that I was having a normal labor so why did I need drugs? He also never wrote in the record anything about a medical need for drugs or that he even gave me pitocin. I have lost trust in him as well as the other doctors in his practice. He will never be allowed near me, my child, or any member of my family again.

Posted on April 22nd, 2013

Love Dr. Montgomery! Awesome ob/gyn and really takes the time with his patients and listens to their questions and has an awesome bed side manner! His staff is very courteous and professional and are very pleasant to speak with.

he is the reason I will not be going back for my 2nd pregnancy

Posted on March 21st, 2013

Dr. Montgomery was nice at first but went on to make comments about my weight (240) that were not helpful in the least. I started this pregnancy overweight, did not gain one single pound the entire pregnancy, but at every appointment that I had with him he ALWAYS made a point to remind me how much easier things could have been had I not been overweight. He even went as far as sending me to meet with the anesthesiologist at Martha Jefferson hospital, to make sure that they would be able to deliver our daughter there. When I met with the anesthesiologist he was surprised that they sent me to meet him, he said that although I was overweight it was nothing that was extreme and require me to go to UVA. He went on to say that it is usually patients over 300 lbs that are sent to be checked to make sure they can access the spine without any problems. I finally made the decision to talk to the other dr's at the practice and let them know that under no circumstances did I want to deliver with him, that I wanted my experience to be without any added stress. They agreed and we scheduled an induction on the day after he was on call. Dr. Carr was the one who delivered and she was fabulous. I really liked all the other dr's, however I am not going to that practice for my current pregnancy since I don't even want to have to deal with him. Since then, I have met many other women who have not had good experiences with him and have ultimately left the practice.

Excellent office staff

Posted on August 30th, 2012

Today was my first visit. The courtesy and the wait time of the office staff was excellent. I was especially pleased with the courtesy of Sarah, who helped me daily to move my appointment up in order to see the doctor quicker because of cancelations. I am also very pleased with the doctor so far.

Love the office!

Posted on July 7th, 2011

Dr. Montgomery delivered my son. He was kind and courteous and checked on me regularly during my stay in the hospital. The staff at Jefferson OB is just average, but the actually doctors are fantastic !

Posted on September 24th, 2009

Dr.Montgomery delivered my second child and I cannot express just how good he is. He was wonderful during the delivery and at my follow up appointment. He spent all the time in the world answering my questions and going over things with me. He never made me feel rushed or as though I was wasting his time. He also put in my Implanon. The whole experience with his was wonderful!

Posted on February 12th, 2009

Dr. Montgomery has been my Doctor for more than 13 years... He is very professional, knowledgeable, and extremely caring. He has operated on me in the past to remove a large ovarian cyst. I recommend him highly for all gynycological needs.

Posted on September 22nd, 2015