Overall Review

3.9

July 26th, 2016
Being surprised by a skyrocketing PSA in a short period of time, I was referred to 5 urologists. I was too advanced to see several others. My wife and I "interviewed" all, went back to Matt for a second consult, and had him removed my prostate robotically. Matt's prognosis and tender care, with plenty of follow up complications, is the only reason I am still alive. Matt's also a heck of a nice guy, who I have gotten to know personally.

September 20th, 2014
The best --- Matt Johnson is an amazing Dr.
We sought out Dr Johnson specifically for his extensive experience in robotic surgery and solely went to Aurora for this surgeon. All our research including the number of surgeries he has performed and outcomes along with his reputation in the medical community were considered in this decision. Yes he is busy, may take a little longer to schedule and you may have to wait for his surgery schedule to open up, but in the end it is all about this surgeon having your future in his skillful hands. Dr Johnson listened to concerns, responded in a straight forward way that we could understand, spent the time with us we needed and even called personally prior to the post surgery appointment with pathology results as he knew we could not move forward emotionally until the results were known. Glowing review, you bet, and well deserved.. Thank you Dr. Johnson for giving me a future!!!

July 22nd, 2013
The Best!
His knowledge and ability as a Doctor is what I will always remember, there is none better in my opinion! I felt completely safe in his care and would not want anyone else when in a situation like I was in!

April 22nd, 2013
Amazing physician
I'd like to point out that unless you're seeing a primary care physician, your doctor doesn't have to be all warm and fuzzy with you. Matt Johnson is an AMAZING physician and an even better surgeon. I had kidney cancer at 35 and he did the pefect surgery. He explained everything very well and answered questions thoroughly and in a language I could understand. Will you have to wait in the waiting room? Probably, yes. However, that's because he's taking a few extra minutes with someone else. He's worth the wait.

December 26th, 2011
My overall experiences
Dr. Johnson is pleasant & well-mannered, however, there were times he made unwarranted comments in regards to my anatomy, regarding excess weight. Which I can't change at my age & because of my condition & medications.Also, when questioned about my treatment, he is very evasive to respond & his answers are very limited. Maybe, I expect too much but I don't think so.He was very quick in answering an emergency I had & appeared at the ER only after the ER staff couldn't take care of the problem.I feel his doctor/patient bedside manner needs improvement.

September 15th, 2011
Absolutely the BEST!
Dr. Johnson was very kind, attentive and educated about my needs. I would recommend him to anyone!!

July 18th, 2010
Re: saved my life
This doctor saved my life.