Surgical Specialist, Orthopaedic Surgeon

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

|  Misdiagnosed problem  |  show details
Sep 24th, 2014

Nice guy but doesn't listen to patient. Misdiagnosed my problem and scheduled surgery. Fortunately, I got a second opinion and had the problem resolved quickly with NO SURGERY! Always get a second opinion before surgery. His assistant was terrible - could not get him to return calls.

|  Still in pain 18 months later  |  show details
by Horrible experience on Aug 18th, 2014

All talk. Not happy when patients keeps complaining of pain. Biggest mistake of my life. Office staff was a mess. I had to get all my own approvals. Had wrong insurance company. Was on phone hours fixing things. I should have left then. Went to Tampa and got a new dr. that was actually able to help me but original damage was done. Facing a do over.

|  He changed my life...  |  show details
Nov 20th, 2011

I am a complicated case. My right hip is fused, my left hip had pins and screws and needed replacement, and I am overweight. After being turned away by other surgeons due to weight, we contacted Dr Johnstons office. He saw me 2 days after my appt was made, scheduled surgery in 30 days because of the severity of my hip, and here I am 10 days later, walking without that constant pain. He is very knowledgeable,pleasant to talk to (not a stuffed shirt), caring, and has an excellent staff. His bedside manner is great too! He answered every question I had without hesitation, and believe me, I had alot. He is young, yes, and that works to his benefit. New techniques and an open mind come with youth. Ten days later, I am walking without pain, no infection, no other issues. The medical staff that he is affiliated with at Fla Hospital Celebration are amazing. All involved are an uplifting, positive bunch of people. I couldnt have had a better experience than with this group, anywhere. In fact, in approx 18 months, I will be back to see Dr Johnston for a reversal of my right hip fusion. HE HAS GIVEN ME MY LIFE BACK!