Dr. Matthew Wells Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Matthew Wells?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Neutral

July 22nd, 2016

Disappointed

I saw Dr. Wells in the ER. I have had to come to the hospital several times for the same issues regarding my painful fibromyalgia, rheumatoid arthritis and other horrible conditions. Unfortunately, I was given no type of true care. I was given a referral and talked to like I came to the hospital for pain medications. On my discharge paperwork, it states the diagnosis as "chronic pain" as well as "drug-seeking behavior". I am extremely upset because he never offered me any real type of advice or acted like he wanted to truly know what was really going on or like he wanted to help me at all. I usually tell people that this ER is the only one I recommend, but if a doctor wants to treat people this badly, as he did me, than I would prefer NOT to be here. Sad, disheartening, and extremely disappointing. Leaving here in pain and wishing I just drove outside of the city to be seen at Chapel Hill or some where that I wasn't completely treated like a drug addict who has nothing better to do but sit in the ER and complain for no reason.

February 19th, 2015

Ego can lead to misdiagnosis

Saw Dr. wells at the ER. He was very arrogant and misdiagnosed my condition. I had rash on my arms and back and numbness and pins and needles sensations in both arms and both legs since the prior evening. Dr Wells diagnosed me with an allergy to a supplement. I asked for blood work due to my Graves' disease and to rule out other possibilities for my feeling so sick. I was truly afraid to go home alone feeling as strange and weak as I did. Dr. Wells refused my blood test and sent me home with a prescription for Benadryl. Later when still feeling awful I went to a different hospital where they quickly drew blood and found a vitamin deficiency was to blame. Dr.Wells, I really hope your ego doesn't cause you to one day end up seriously hurting someone.

February 3rd, 2016