A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Matthew Wood:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Matthew Wood is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Wood
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Wood Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
Alzheimer’s Disease (Memory Loss)
Specialties & Research
Dr. Matthew Wood, MD is board certified in Neurological Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Gamma Knife Surgery (Stereotactic Radiosurgery)
- Spinal Disorders
- Spinal Fractures
- Spinal Stenosis
- Wounds and Injuries
Education & Awards
Dr. Wood graduated from University of Tennessee, Memphis.
Dr. Wood has 16 hospital affiliations:
- Indian Path Medical Center
- Holston Valley Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Matthew William Wood MD is a male Neurosurgeon, has 36 years of experience and practices in Neurological Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Matthew W. Wood practice?
- Dr. Matthew Wood has 1 office location.
Dr. Matthew Wood practices Neurological Surgery near Bristol, TN.
See Bristol Neurological Surgeons.