Dr. Matti Korhonen MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

May 12th, 2016
Patricia!!!!(patty) 😓
I would send a formal complaint to the Texas Medical Board of I had an issue with the Doctor but I dont. It's his insensitive staff Patty or Patricia. I called to schedule an appointment to start infertility treatment and there next available is not till the end of June. I told her I would research for another doctor and call back. I found another doctor and called her back for my records she was upset said they were understaffed and her phones wont stop ringging. Like thats my problem. Then she states "whats your hurry do you expect yo get pregnant immediately???" I was tryllu surprised and baffled. I told her whats your problem why in the world would you say something like that to any patient not just me. I know I cant get pregnant immediatly thats why i needed to see Dr. K. I tell her before hamging up that i would be there in an hour to pick up my records. To my surprise i adk to speak to Dr. K who I jist saw in the office walking a patient to the fromt counter. She states he wont see me unless I have an appointment. I tell he needs to know what incensitive people he has working in his office Patty. She starts says I DONT CARE.... I DONT CARE.... I was furious and hurt at the same time. I hope this review gets to the right hands and Patty is repremanded for her lack professionalism.

June 18th, 2014
Bad business
I had twins in 2010 and this doctor delivered them he also did a tubal ligation. He didn't not explain the side effects that would occur or anything. He could have explained that there would be real bad cramping, sharp pains, back pains, mood swings, it's called PTLS (post tubal ligation syndrome) basically early menopause. I wish this never happened I been in pain for almost 4years ughh.

January 6th, 2014
Dr k is d best doctor anybody can think of,l had my baby he was so polite nd nice d staff were so polite nd friendly,when l was in labour he was called nd he came so quickly nd delivered my little girl.so am surprised to hear people say such things about him,he listens to u so attentively.l will always keep him as my doctor,as long l keep having kids.

January 2nd, 2014
Run
This is not the OBGYN to go to. He delivered my first born 12 years ago. He walked in right as I started pushing guess cause it was a 2am deilvery. Used forceps I only pushed for 35 mins max. My son came out with a cone shaped head and is special needs. My other children were born with a better doctor and better hospital.

July 13th, 2013
Rude and Stubborn
As of yesturday I am no longer a patient of Dr. Korhonen. I am currently pregnant with twins and Dr. Korhonen refuses to discuss any other birthing option other than a c-section, although I have no pre existing circumstances suggesting a c-section is neccessary. On two seperate occasions when I discussed my wanting to attempt a vaginal birth, his reasoning was that "what if your babies come at night while he or the anastesiologist were asleep." He even went as far as to trying to bully me into accepting a c-section by asking if was prepared to be responsible if something were to happen during a vaginal birth. He flat out refused to consider my request and became rude once I asked for a refal. And to make matters even worse, once I conceded that I would allow him to do the c-section if no other Dr. was willing to allow a natural birth he had his nurse require that I do a secondary glucose test. I was told that 3 days prior to this secondary test I would have to be put on a diet. The diet consisted of consuming (in addition to my normal food consumption) 2 cups of milk, 6 slices of bread, 1 cup of cereal, 1 cup rice,potatoes or grits, 1 tablespoon of sugar, honey or jelly, 8oz. of soda, 1 chocolate covered candy bar, 1 large slice of cake with frosting or pie and 2 sweet cookies. I asked the nurse as she gave me this "diet" was it a joke and she assured me it was not. Naturally i did my own research, consulted other nurses, actual diabetics and even a pharmacist and not one of them had ever heard of anything so ridiculous, stating that that diet would assure I tested positive for diabetes. Whats sad and illegal is that I believe it was done so that Dr. Korhonen could then have a reason to make a c-section neccessary. Essentially he was willing to risk my life as well as the lives of my unborn children in order to perform a major surgery that may not even be neccessary. :(

March 2nd, 2012
DO NOT EVER GO SEE THIS DOCTOR
Please do not ever go see this doctor. He had me have surgeries I did not need!! I went to other specialists after the fact that informed me I should have never had the surgeries...not only were the surgeries stressful but there was a possibility from having the surgeries that I could never had children and I am young! The ladies that work at the front desk were so rude to me. I have actually been yelled at over the phone by one of his assistants. Just save yourself the time and find a real doctor.

February 22nd, 2012
I think that the Doctor is a little bit too old to practise
Honestly, Dr Matti Korhonen was nice and kind to me. He explains when you ask him questions. My major problem with Dr Matti was his diagnosis the day I was to have my child. I was in to see Dr the day I had my child, he checked me and claimed that my cervix was really closed and that my child was not ready to come. He had to put his hand into my Vagina, after the probing and all I noticed a smear of blood and told him this but his response was that since the blood was much it was nothing.I later left his office and unfortunately in the evening labour started and I didnt even have enough time get to the hospital, I had my baby at home (my first baby). I had a fourth degree tear and I was bleeding. Dr matti was called. When he got to the hospital like 12am in the morning, he said that he was too tired to do anything that night, that he was goiing to come back in the morning before ill be taken to the theatre. The Nurses at the hospital were shocked. To cut the long story short I was left there at the hospital while the nurses were giving me pain medications and trying to stop the bleeding for like 8hours before Dr Matti came to attend to me.I commend him for being truthful about being tired. But I think it has to do with his age. He is an old man. Thank God my baby is alive and healthy and nothing bad happened to me to. But it was a horrid experience for me I must say.

April 27th, 2011
GREAT physician!!!!!!!!
I don't know what some of the other negative experiences are like--Dr. Korhonen is the best OBGYN!!! He is so sweet and patient and tries his best to put everyone at ease in what can be a very awkward experience. His staff is really friendly too and have gotten to know me by name, ask about my other children, etc.. It has happened to me before that he has gotten called to the hospital for a delivery in the middle of an appointment with me, and he leaves the room politely and RUNS over there. Sure it's inconvenient but I don't know why other women would complain about that. Wouldn't you want to know that your doctor is rushing to be there for your delivery?!!?!? Sometimes disruptions happen. That is the nature of seeing an OB/GYN vs. another doctor that doesn't have emergencies like that. He is always very polite and apologetic that he had to run out afterwards, and if he has to reschedule, he always does his best to find things that are convenient for me. Dr. K is very honest and obviously a GREAT physician and I trust him 100000000% which is what is most important to me.

December 19th, 2010
I was affraid the first time because I didn't know how to explain, because I speak FRENCH ,but the staff try to understand me and also the docteur ask me to relax and take my time to speak, I felt very comfortable and finally the doctor helped me to treat me and helped me to get pregnant. I really thank the staff who worked at the front desk, they really do the good job. (MIMI).. THANK YOU SO MUCH, GOD BLESS YALL

October 26th, 2010
Good if you like to be ignored
This doctor does not manage time well. He believes the customer service side of patient care is the patient's responsibility. They will do lab work and check everything for you, but if you expect to hear those results you will have to ask for them. Be prepared to ask on several occasions, because the staff will do their best to side track you and not answer your questions. They are friendly, but can be cold to dads. I waited an hour and twenty minutes in the exam room for an appointment to meet Dr. Korhonen and had to leave to go to work before I ever saw him. I saw his CNM for three appointments prior to this appointment. Supposedly this doctor treats his patients like royalty, but while he was treating one patient like royalty, he left me sitting on a hard exam table with no back support for over an hour. I call that treating patients like dirt.

June 28th, 2010
Rude staff, rude doctor

June 17th, 2010
Amazing physician!!!
Dr. Korhonen is the BEST! He is so kind and nice and you can tell he really cares about you. Also is he really intelligent. I initially came to see him as a second opinion for a problem I was having, and he thought of things that no one else had even mentioned!! He is really sharp and even manages to crack a few jokes here and there. I am so lucky to have found him. Amazing doctor! He gave me back my life.