Dr. Maud Nerman DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

4.8
  • 1 comment

Showing 1 - 1 review

April 12th, 2012
She saved my back!
I stumbled on this just looking up her current address. 12 years ago my back pain was so severe that after enduring 5 years of chronic pain that I just came to the horrible understanding that I was going to be in a wheelchair by the time I was 40.I was 35 at the time. I had been rear ended 3 times in a 5 year period. My pain was constant and serious. I saw chiropractors often in that period and had some relief at first, but it was never gone long. at one point I truly believe a doctor I used made it worse. A friend told me about Maude Nerman and at this point I was willing to try anything, I was truly giving up on myself. When I saw Dr, Nerman I was pleasantly surprised by the 'non' office feeling of her previous location, I have not been to her newest location( I never needed to either!)She asked me some rather 'different' and very extensive questions from her information /new patient packet. She looked at X-rays that I brought with me to study them later.I can't remember if she did any adjustments at that visit, but I remember being there a good bit of time. The second visit I do remember. She showed me my x-ray and where she thought the issue was that my previous doctors/chiropractors did not ever mention. She had me lay down and very methodically went down my back with her fingers. I thought maybe she was feeling for a certain spot? She had me sit up and brought in some homeopathic medications that after reading my patient information I had previously filled out on the first appointment she felt would be beneficial to me. She then said to drink lots of water and not do anything strenuous for a few days.Don't be worried if be worried if I was sore tomorrow, that is normal. "What? Sore from what?" I asked. Did you even adjust me? She said ,'yes.' when she was moving her fingers down my back she had done the adjustments. No offense meant but I had been to 4 chiropractors 20-30 adjustments per doctor minimum with each one and they would 'crack' the adjustments on my back, one even had to get her husband to come in (also a chiropractor) to adjust my low back it was so tight, and was made to use the electric therapy on my back for the longest time...and she thinks I am going to be sore from that? When I left I felt dread. Had I just payed a decent amount of money to get a back rub and a little vile of homeopathic medicine? I got home took a hot bath went to bed. When I woke up the next morning, 'Oh wow!' I was sore! From that little finger adjustment I was sore! Not a bad hurt, just sore! I had one more visit and was on with my life. I had anticipated needing/wanting to go back. I had just started a new business, and made a 40 mile change of address. I didn't hurt at ALL anymore so I just praised the world and got busy! 3 months after my move, I found out the most shocking news ever! I was pregnant with my second child! Great news? Miraculous news,I had my first child 15 years earlier and had come to the conclusion I just was not having any others...TA-DA! Life came to a definite screeching halt as far as my energy went,this was way more exhausting than my first pregnancy. I was so worried my back would start hurting.I had really been in this state of utter joy trying to catch up on lost time having been in pain for so long. finally having NO pain had made me kind of take it for granted... To the point,9 months and one gorgeous baby later...No back pain,not one day! Do I think Maude is a good idea for someone in chronic pain? "OH YAH"