Dr. Maura Keene MD Patient Reviews

2.3

• Good
  • Bad

January 12th, 2016
Dr Keene delivered my first child in 2006 only because she was the doctor on call that day. I was very young and she left me traumatized! Not only was she uncaring and rude to my guests in my delivery room, she also had to restitch my tears a second time. After my delivery I got novicane and stitches for the tears my son had made on his way out. When she finished stitching she realized there was a hole inside of me. Being that with all her years of experience she had never witnessed this kind of tear she had to go and get a second doctors opinion, which took forever! I was waiting about 20-30 minutes with my legs still up and spread. The options were either to take me up to surgery or get it done right there in the delivery room. We chose delivery room because going to surgery would have kept me away from my new born for 3 days. She took all the stitches she had just stitched out. At this point it had been a good 35-40 minutes since I was last numbed down there. What I experienced next I wouldn't wish upon anyone! Dr Keene started cutting from the outside in with scissors until she made it to the hole and I felt every single second of it!!! Once she started I kept asking her what was she doing and telling her that I could feel what she was doing and that it hurt!!! I even screamed for her to stop! She didn't re numb me before starting again, and I was screaming in pain, all she said was "you're doing good". I literally know what it feels like to get cut open in cold blood thanks to her, not to mention hearing the sound of my skin and flesh being snipped open!! Not only traumatizing for myself, but also for everyone that was in the room with me. My mother inlaw had to leave the room because of my screams. Don't recommend to anyone!

April 15th, 2015
I expect my heath care providers to care.
I am over 50 and am a health care provider myself. My three visits with Dr. Keene were by far the worst experiences I've ever had with a health care provider. It is not an exaggeration to say that her behavior was consistently uncaring, insensitive, disinterested, snarky - even rude. Perhaps she's ready for retirement. She apparently isn't enjoying her work.

February 11th, 2015
Gynecology patient
I found this doctor efficient, straightforward and, in a quiet way, very caring. She came highly recommended by my primary care provider's staff and they were right.

May 23rd, 2014
mother of obstetric patient
prolonged labor ; missed cord around neck, was fully dilated after 16 hours, then patient pushed 5 hours without progression. Finally delivered by OB in another practice after anesthesiologist intervened.

September 30th, 2013
Didn't care for her, sorry.
Had a leep procedure done, she had no great bed side manners. She seemed to struggle with each part of this most uncomfortable process verbally. Not a great feeling in this position. I would have rather her assistant perform the procedure she was awesome. Would not recommend.

July 8th, 2013
Terrible. Horrible manner and missed diagnosis.

August 8th, 2012
missed dianogsis of breast cancer

August 17th, 2010
Absolutely no bedside manner. Incompetent...does not keep up with latest research. Considered the worst OBGYN doctor in the valley.

January 16th, 2009
it has always been a calm and inviting experience when i visit with Dr Keene and the staff is kind and understanding

June 19th, 2016