Dr. Maureen Alexander Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Maureen Alexander?

Chronic Dry Eye

Chronic Dry Eye

Have you seen Dr. Maureen Alexander?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

March 20th, 2014

Great With Kids

I had an absolutely amazing experience at Dr. Alexander’s office. I called to make appointments for my children and myself because we were all having allergies and irritation, and I needed an updated prescription for my glasses. I am a mother of two young children and it is never fun going to the doctor’s office. When we walked in to the waiting room, we were greeted by a warm smile from the nurse. I signed us in and sat down with my kids to fill out our paperwork. Of course that didn’t last long and my curious 3 year old began talking to the nurse and asking her questions. She was very polite and friendly which was a big help as it gave me time to fill out the paperwork. We were invited back to the exam room shortly after arriving. My 3 year old was first and sat in the chair. Dr. Alexander came in and introduced herself to us. My 3 year old is use to us going to the doctor for shots and she immediately told Dr. Alexander that she didn’t want any shots. The doctor was very reassuring and calming and told her not to worry, which really helped put my daughter at ease. The doctor showed pictures to my daughter to see if she could tell what they were from a distance. It took a second for my daughter to get the hang of what the doctor wanted her to do and where to look, but Dr. Alexander was very patient and friendly. The doctor even had to put eye drops in my daughter’s eyes and it went great! While her eyes were dilating, it was my turn in the chair. I had my one year old in my lap which made it challenging but both the nurse and doctor were patient and accommodating. One of the things I really liked was that when I was telling the doctor about the issues I was having with my eyes, she showed genuine concern and took the time to explain what was wrong and things I could do to help my eyes feel better. My 15 month old was the last to have his eyes checked. The nurse came in to help the doctor put eye drops in his eyes which was difficult but he got over it quickly. The doctor was having a hard time looking in his eyes because he kept moving. She had a variety of toys she brought out to keep his attention which worked for a little bit. I told her I was still nursing him and I could try to sooth him like that. She was perfectly fine with it and encouraged me to try. I worked like a charm. She didn’t make me feel self-conscious and she was able to complete his exam while I nursed. All of the rooms were clean, neat, and welcoming. Needless to say, I couldn’t say enough positive things about my experience here and would strongly recommend them. We will definitely make our appointments here in the future.

July 20th, 2012

been seeing her for over 20 years...an excellent, caring doctor.

May 8th, 2012

floaters were bothering me

I made an appointment with Dr. Alexander because I was having problems with floaters for the past 2 weeks. She dilated my eyes and was able to tell right away why I was having this problem. She explained everything in detail, and I will be checked again in 6 weeks. I felt very reassured after her thorough exam.

March 27th, 2012

I will be back for further care

I just had an appointment with Dr. Alexander, and I really appreciated her care and bedside manner. I have been having problems lately with dry and itchy eyes, and she took the time to do a Schirmer tear test and discuss the results with me. It turned out I had allergies and dry eyes. I will be returning in about a month to see if I need a prescription drop for dry eyes. Her staff was very professional and kind also.

March 7th, 2012

If you need glasses or contact lenses, forget this practice. I went there about 12 years ago and didn't go back. Couldn't remember why. When our insurance changed, I decided to try Dr. Alexander again. Great front desk person, but that is about all. My prescriptions were wrong and the contacts didn't fit. One would even pop out. After 2 tries and different prescriptions both times, i decided to stop while i was ahead. ("tear up that first prescription, it was wrong," Dr. M said) I just went to another doctor, with better equipment and a much better exam. This prescription was right on. Not sure how anyone could make such mistakes.

June 28th, 2011

very caring and skilled doctor. been a patient for 25 years.

May 11th, 2011

Awesome doc! Very thorough. Definitely recommend.

November 20th, 2009

Diagnosed me with Dry Eye

Dr. Alexander diagnosed me with dry eye after another ophthalmologist across the hall from her had just put me on steroids & not really looked for the problem. She put me on Restasis, a version without preservatives, which I really appreciate. Although the drops are worth it and it took a couple of months for them to really start working, my eyes are doing great now as a result. My initial problem was that my eyes just felt really sensitive & sometimes would just water all day. They were sensitive to light and sometimes when I would have to look up to talk to people, they would just start to hurt & water like crazy, so I had to squint. When I went to Dr. Alexander, she did what I believe was a Schirmer strip test, where she tested my tears, and thus, a diagnosis. While I have had some trouble with her getting my yearly exam reports to my other doctor, she diagnosed me correctly when I had a problem, and the 70s furniture that still sits in her waiting room makes you know that she is very practical and experienced. Overall, I think she is a good doctor.

May 19th, 2017