Dr. Maureen Banta Is this you?

3.4

Have you seen Dr. Maureen Banta?

Great Doc!

Posted on April 2nd, 2014

I have been bringing our children to Dr. Banta for years. She has done a great job with them. She is incredibly knowledgeable and does a wonderful job of really understanding the issues and concerns of me and my children. The rest of the staff are responsive and courteous.

Very Happy with them

Posted on January 25th, 2013

Worst receptionist and disgusting doctor

Posted on September 16th, 2012

So what should I say about this clinic. The receptionist are liar unprofessional and rude.when the doctor came in after waited for 55 mins check my son with no gloved discusting and ofcourse no apology for waited so long.this clinic is getting worst and worst every yr.i would not recommend this clinic at all. I am going to change doctor for my kids where it is clean and hygienic and little bit more professional receptionist.

Terrible, please read!

Posted on August 13th, 2012

The staff is very rude! You feel like you're imposing on their time, or something. I ask simple questions about paperwork, or anything related, and it's brushed off, quickly answered, not thorough, etc. The staff incorrectly charged me $95 for my son's Kindergarten shots, when I never once was I charged for one shot, as insurance covers all. Still, to this day, I'm told that I owe this! My insurance never even rec'd their claim for these shots! Dr. Banta is exactly what the negative comments here state - rude, abrasive and condescending. My son has ADHD, and I suspected as much when he was 3 already, but instead of helping me with alternatives, such as change in diet, (which I researched on my OWN), she really pushed medication on me. I felt pressured every time, even when I was just going in for shots!When my son was getting his Kindergarten shots, she had the nurse come in and even though she was very nice, Dr. Banta was all business..."strap this child down! Get someone from reception to help hold this child!" What the heck? What about even trying to comfort a very scared child who is about to get 5 shots?! Nothing like that. As soon as shots were mentioned, my son noticeably became scared, she did nothing to help comfort, as a doctor should. I too, was pressured on getting shots that were not mandatory for school registration! I declined, and I got the full lecture every time I visited, same with meds for ADHD. We were always rushed in and out, but she sure had a lot of time to spend with us to lecture us about getting meds or extra shots! Yes, other reviewers are correct, no gloves!! So disgusting.

Wonderful Care!

Posted on August 10th, 2012

Dr. Banta has been caring for my children for years and had been exceptional in her professionalism and care for both of them. Both of my children have some attentional challenges and she helped my family to understand the issues and arrive at a plan that worked well to address it that worked well for our children and our family. I think she and the rest of the staff are wonderful.

Terrible practice

Posted on June 29th, 2012

easy to get appointment, long wait eery single time. I am looking to change just because the receptionists at this office are terrible. They are downright rude and act like they are doing you a favor by talking to you. I would not recommend this practice to anybody.

Don't go there if your child is sick

Posted on June 28th, 2012

I took my son to this office on recommendation, and at first, it was pretty good. I think this office is fine if you are just doing routine things like check ups and shots, and nurse Kaelynn (sp?) is absolutely the biggest asset to this practice - she is PHENOMENAL. My son came down with diarrhea after having a strong antibiotic prescribed by this office. Three appointments and a few phone calls later, I wind up taking him to the emergency to find out he had C. Difficile. I thought I would give the practice one more shot, for a follow up after the emergency visit, and not only did she not wash her hands before entering the examination room, but she did not wash her hands after she examined him. She had not looked at the lab results, told me he was not contagious, and didn't think that C Diff was much of a problem. She told me not to yell at her (which I was not) and basically absolved herself of any responsibility for my son's condition as "someone else had seen him at the appointments".I will never recommend this practice to a family, and they are never seeing my son AGAIN.

Caring, competent doctors!

Posted on January 27th, 2012

Our children have been patients of Dr. Banta (and Dr. Howell) for over 12 years now and I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for caring, competent physicians for their children. Dr. Banta is a little on the loud side, but because they make it such a point to know me and my kids, the volume has never bothered me. I like how they take the time to review their records before they meet with us and I never feel like I'm going in there a stranger, even when it's been several months since our last visit.

Posted on August 16th, 2011

Wonderful experience....nurses are great! They are open on Saturdays too. I would recommend to our families.

COMPLETELY UNPROFESSIONAL

Posted on June 25th, 2011

Let's see where do I begin...The fact that Dr. Banta and Nurse Kaelynn both have warts on there hands and examine children and their genitals with no gloves is unacceptable. Gloves should be a must whether one has warts or not, but especially when one has warts. When confronted with this I've been told, "not to worry." Really? And why should I take the risk with my precious baby? Wonder how they would like to test this theory on their children and "not worry." I know another mother that have had to ask staff to put on gloves and have left the practice as a result. I did the same, outta there! I've always felt that the front desk/receptionists can make or break a business and the girls at the front desk are rude. And one wreaks of cigarettes, which I don't think is appropriate around children. Also, if you have a question about your bill, don't expect a call back.Beware if you need copies of your child's medical records, they charge 50 cents per page to print them out. And plan on having at least 40 pages and that's just for one year. Grand total $20. They won't email or fax. You can only pick up or snail mail. Highway robbery, especially considering how much money they've made off me. I don't like being nickled and dimed, very petty on the practice's part (Dr. Banta and Howell's practice). And they don't have a Saturday sick clinic like most offices in this area.I would NOT recommend this practice.

horrified

Posted on January 17th, 2011

Literally YELLED at me that my daughter could die from not getting her shots. She went off on me. I cannot express how disappointed I was with this office. The staff was not only very unproffessional, but they also did not seem to be focused on my daughters exam. Dr. Banta has horrible bedside manner; she is loud, abrasive, and rough with the kids. My 6 month old daughter, who is very stranger-friendly was crying and startled by her loudness. She is pushy about her personal opinions, and not very open to parental opinion (example; cry it out is the only way. "you have to just let her cry, she will get over it" was her response when I mentioned that my daugher takes her naps on her own, but needs help getting to sleep at night)She also went on for about 5 minutes about her own problems with her children that day. I could write so much more!

Not Recommended

Posted on January 13th, 2011

She is very good at makeing you feel like your a bad parent. Over little things like your kids not eating their veggies. I told her I didn't want to get a certain shot for my son and she nailed me with, You are making the wrong choice, he could get really sick if he dosn't get it, etc. Yes I understand that they need to educate you on these things but the way she goes about it is uncalled for. Threatening me that they won't sign my son's papers to go to school. (Even though in our county this shot is not mandetory and she knew it) I just was not happy with her and I will never deal with her again nor would I ever recommend her to someone else.