Dr. Maureen Maguire Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Maureen Maguire?

COPD

Have you seen Dr. Maureen Maguire?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

October 23rd, 2014

very helpful

this dr was a referral. she gave me a complete physical, like my primary never has. noticed and recorded different symptoms. asked the right questions. updated and referred to my medical record while I was there. highly recommend.

September 7th, 2013

No, no, no

I wish there was another endocrinologist that my insurance honored. I've literally met this woman once and she's supposed to be the one regulating my monthly dosage. I can only describe my interactions with Dr. Maguire in two words, cold and impersonal. After removal of my thyroid due to thyroid cancer, she insisted I did not need any follow up treatment (ie. radiation therapy). Well, tumors have spread all through out my lymph nodes. Awesome. Meeting with her wasn't very cold but definitely was impersonal. She had to glance at my file mid greeting to see my name. Overall my cancer experience has left me with a cold and very lonely feeling. She showed me no empathy and since my surgery, has let me completely fend for myself. I don't need her to baby me, but maybe a check in once in a while to see how my meds are working for me; rather than once every year only to tell me I'm "fine" and send me on my way. I would not recommend this doctor. And I look forward to working with Kaiser's coverage team to see if they can assign me a doctor on Oahu.

July 3rd, 2013

Maureen Maguire does not read patient files. I made a specific request for her to read my file, and she still did not. She does not take into account the patient's history, or their background when seeing a patient. She does not get back to emails in a timely manner. I wish there was another endocrinologist on island who honored my insurance, as I would prefer to see someone who paid attention to detail.

August 14th, 2012

Excellent

After years of misdiagnosis, Dr. Maguire discovered a rare disease that had made my life unbearable. She listens and respects what her patients have to say. She is considerate, intelligent and supportive of the patient as a whole person not just a list of symptoms.

May 20th, 2012

Listens to patients and believes what they say

very knowledgable about her specialty; sympathetic but not wimpy; sometimes difficult to get appointments since she is gone frequently; often too busy to review files completely so same concerns must be brought up again

February 29th, 2012

Pathetic bizare "doctor".

How any professional organization like Kaiser can retain a person of this nature is beyond comprehension. She is ignorant and arrogant, a quintessential "holier than thou, I am GOD, doctor. If you are too uneducated to help me with my problem please go find a job at Burger King or something else you can handle and are qualified for!