Dr. Maureen Cliffel DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 27th, 2016
Great fast visit
Knows her stuff, definitely wants to help myself as the patient... Answers the questions with you in the room making you feel like your heard

March 21st, 2016
I <3 Dr. Cliffel
I have been going to Dr. Cliffel for about 3 years for cystic acne. She knows her stuff & she is hands-down the most caring doctor I have ever had. She works very hard to make sure I get the medication I'm supposed to and that my condition improves. Sometimes she'll talk kind of fast, but she answers all questions and is happy to stay in the room for a while and talk to you, if you need her to. She's just very efficient and has lots of patients. Most all of the staff are nice, sometimes medical assistants get in a bad mood, but don't we all? I will continue sticking to Brighton Dermatology.

April 2nd, 2012
In and Out, Zero Bedside Manner
Dr. Cliffel was very abrupt, not easy to talk to and out of my room within 2 minutes. I went there because I'm having some issues with back acne. The woman that led me into the room had me undress from the waist up and put on a gown so Dr. Cliffel could take a look at my skin. She entered, I went over my concerns and she quickly wrote 2 scripts for skincare and left the room- without ever actually looking at my skin!!

February 29th, 2012
Found her very thorough and a good listener.

May 9th, 2011
Great Experience with my Vein Surgery
I recently had a large varicose vein removed from my right leg by Dr. Cliffel. Everything went as they said it would. The nursing staff made sure I was comfortable and when the doctor performed the procedure I didn't feel any discomfort. I followed up in a week without any complications. I was nervous at first but now I will proceed with my second vein in a couple of months. I thought everyone was professional and I recommend Dr. Cliffel to my friends and family.

February 3rd, 2011
Poor communciation and pain management (long)
I recently went to Dr Cliffel to have a large vein removed from my leg. I had had several pre surgery appointments and had been told the basic information about the procedure. I thought that I was prepared. They had told me that they would numb my leg so it would not be a painful process, just a painful recovery. Let me start off by saying that I was told that the surgery would last appromately 2 hours. Instead it took 3 and a half. During the entire procedure I was in pain. I could feel Dr. Cliffel digging around under my skin with the needles. This lasted for almost the entire procedure. When I addressed the pain, she stated that it should feel like she was digging around with a needle because that was what she was pretty much doing. Nice. It only got worse when several times during my procedure they left the door open to the hallway. I was laying on the procedure table completely exposed to my pubic area for all to see. It was a very unprofessional enviroment. When it was all over with, it was lunch time so the medical assistants or nurses hastily wrapped my leg up in the compression stocking and instructed me that my husband would have to help me get it positioned correctly. I was pretty much left to fend for myself. I was told Dr. Cliffel would call me that evening to follow up and she never did. Here I am almost a week later with dirty, bloodied bandages on my leg. They instructed me to not remove the dirty gauze or the stocking. So my stitches are compressed under dirty 4 by 4's. I wouldn't recommend this office to my worst enemy.

August 9th, 2009
nurse/patient
I would recomend Dr.Cliffel to anyone needing a dermatoligst. Iam empressed with her professional ethics and constant concern about my condition. She never gives up trying to ease my medical problem so I have more quality in my life. I feel she takes a personal interest in making my condition better.

August 9th, 2009
Patient
Very professional, thorough Doctor! Dr. Cliffel took all the time I needed with her and didn't get upset with my stupid questions! I can't tell you how nice it is to have a Doctor make me feel so at ease. I would HIGHLY receommend her to ANYONE!

July 7th, 2009
Little too quick for me
The doctor was okay as far as introducing herself. I went in for mid-thirties acne on back and face. I was given four different prescriptions on top of a new cleanser, and while we went over these twice, quickly, I guess that I should have been the one taking notes. I had no clue what to do a few minutes after leaving.After stressing that I can not handle ANY hormones being put medically into my body without going into a deep depression, she told me that she was going to give me something like Yaz, a birth control pill. I stated that Yaz was one of the those medications that had sent me into the depressive state. She acted surprised, but I'm not sure what wasn't clear. Instead I was given an antibiotic called doxycycline. Most of the side effects were headaches, nauseau, but what I found the most disturbing were the amount of complaints in mood swings and depression from this pill. My trust in her had already fallen during our visit, and reading the new information forced me to lie and state that I had moved out of state earlier than I had to cancel my appointment. I was not given any reasons as to why my symptoms were occuring either. She was literally in and out.

June 10th, 2009
Dr. Cliffel was very cold and abrupt with her patient communication with me. In my opinio she needs to work on effective communication with her patients/clients. She DOES NOT anesthetize before her treatements which are therefore, VERY painful (at least she didn't with me). She will not give you enough information for you to give an informed consent so PLEASE ASK questions BEFORE beginning any procedures. Her initial price quotes may double upon completion of treatment, so please agree on a FINAL PRICE before doing business with this practice.