Dr. Maureen Kelty MD, PC Patient Reviews

3.2

• Good
  • Bad

June 22nd, 2017
Very satisfied, a good, caring Doctor
I was referred to Dr. Kelty 3 years ago by a Nurse Practioner. I find her to be a very caring Doctor. She listens, makes sure I am fully informed and answers my questions. I do not see where anyone could have issues with her "bedside manner". I have never found her staff to be anything but thoughtful and helpful. Because of my really full schedule it is hard for me to schedule appointments. That is my problem not theirs, but they work with me patiently to find an appointment time that often needs to be a month or more into the future. Unfortunately some people seem to have the approach, "But I want it now, so make it work" .Dr. Kelty did have to perform a minor surgical procedure on me. She and her staff were great in getting me set up for the procedure and with follow-up. No one in that office has every discussed their personal issues with me. I do wish her office was open on Mondays. I have NEVER has to wait more then a few minutes, so I question the complaint that said 50 minutes unless she was attending to a patients emergency situation. And then I am sure the staff would have explained the delay so I really think the negative remarks are exaggerated.

April 6th, 2015
Thankful
She had every opportunity to take the easy route and remove my uterus. I asked if she could try to keep it as I wanted more children but I knew with what she was dealing with it most likely would not happen. I happy to say I have a beautiful daughter thanks to her taking the extra time and care. She isn't the most personable, but who cares? She knows what she is doing and she cares. I would refer my friends and family to her whole heartily.

February 7th, 2012
love her and her staff
Dr. Kelty did my hysterectomy, and it was phenomenal. From the various office visits to prepare for surgery, to the actual surgery, her (and her staff) made me feel very comfortable. The surgery was quick, easy, and I had very little pain (which was actually almost all gas). She checked on me regularly while in he hospital, and made sure I was comfortable. On top of that, I learned afterwards that she was going through cancer treatments of her own while taking care of me. That just adds a star to her, in ky opinion. Her staff was also funny, and made me laugh. Some people complaining about her and the staff seem to me like people who have a sour personality. If you lightened up a little, maybe you'd change your perspective.

February 5th, 2012
Dr. Kelty has been my OBGYN for over 15 years. She has been an amazing support through difficult times and has always provided a wealth of knowledge and was extremely patient with my endless questions. I have never minded waiting if she was running behind, because I knew that would not affect the time she spent with me. She is simply a doctor that gives every patient the time and care they deserve. I think that is a quality that is pretty hard to find these days!

January 23rd, 2011
She misdiagnosed me and almost removed my uterus when it was not necessary. Very unprofessional staff/nurses. Did procedures that were not necessary. Long waits up to an hour once even with an appointment.

November 2nd, 2010
Respectful and recommended
I visited Dr. Kelty today and would recommend her to anyone. She is VERY sweet and knowledgable. In addition, she treats you with respect and is very comforting in the awkwardness of pelvic exam. Her staff is exceptional and the wait was minimal!

August 3rd, 2010
Horrible office staff
I like Dr. Kelty as a gynecologist but her staff is very cold and impersonal. Tried to set up an appointment with Dr. Kelty and the person that answered the phone was extremely rude to me and told me that Dr. Kelty doesn't have time to address the concerns that I'm having with my annual appointment. Like I said, I like Dr. Kelty as a doctor but her staff is absolutely horrible! I will be finding a new gynecologist.

June 26th, 2009
Awful Experiences
I had bad experiences with Dr. Kelty. There were some very uncomfortable visits because her nurse talked about things that were strangely personal, overly detaled and drawn out. I once listend to a very detailed story about how she had an infected pustual on her hip that she cured with wet bread. When I had laproscopic surgery I wasn't dealing well with the pain and began vomiting and couldn't keep any water or food down. I was told the doctor was busy with patients and waited five hours for her to write a prescription which I then had to pick up at the office because she would not call them in. She was always at least 20 minutes behind and I always found her kind of cold and impersonal.

June 1st, 2017