Dr. Maurice Archuleta MD Patient Reviews

3.1

• Good
  • Bad

June 24th, 2016
I have nothing but good to say about the people who work this clinic. They have always taken care of whatever my issue might be or referred me to specialist. I highly recommend them.

May 9th, 2013
HORRIBLE! AVOID AT ALL COSTS!
This doctor fleeced me out of a quarter grand, and when I called them, Genie, their 'billing specialist', was the literal most rude person I've ever talked to in a customer service setting. I went in for an appointment dealing with anxiety, stress and fatigue. The doctor then proceeded to run all of these blood tests and similar tests, then for whatever reason....submitted it to my old insurer....one they don't partner with....instead of billing to my current insurance provider, which was in-network....and which I had provided all the info on when I checked in. Since they messed up and put in my wrong insurance info, you'd think they'd fix it, right? Nope. They said there was nothing that could be done and I owed $250. When I challenged this response, saying 'in the digital age, nothing is final, why can't you resubmit?', Genie started getting VERY agitated with me, belittling me, talking down to me, telling me "I need to shut my mouth"....she flat out admitted she was belittling me but felt I deserved it. This has caused 10x more anxiety than why I came in there in the first place. Thanks for running all these bogus tests, submitting it in error, then sticking me with the bill while essentially telling me to go f*** myself. Healthcare in this country is a joke.

June 22nd, 2012
Aweful!!! false testing and they don't tell you that they are doing a drug test on your urine still getting bills a year later . No doctor on site just Nursing Assistants

September 15th, 2011
unprofessional and stereotypes!
This place is awful. The staff is rude and not educated in the least bit. They treat everyone like dirt. ESP medicaid patient's because my doctor assumed I was one and had treated me like dirt and was rude and acted like every time I was sick, it was my fault or whenever I asked questions concerning my health, she would act like I was retarded for even asking. BUT as soon as she found out I was not a medicaid patient, he attitude towards me changed drastically. I am disgusted. OH and they misdiagnosed me and treated me for the wrong infection TWICE knowing that my test results came back negative twice. Did they mention that to me? NO. Not until I got really ill from the meds. Malpractice? YES!

June 20th, 2011
You Are Kidding Me, Right??
I have never met this doctor!! I have been a patient at his clinic for 4 years, and have NEVER even seen this doctor's face. His office staff will even tell you that "he does not see patients anymore. He only does research." What is that supposed to mean? I find it hard to believe that he gets the "Patient Choice Award" when none of my family has ever met him...and from what I hear in the waiting room, neither has anyone else. I think this place is a joke and would go someplace else if I had a choice. His staff is reasonable, but are far too busy to care much about anything beyond what their immediate task is. The PAs that work for him have no idea what is going on; they are too busy to keep their stories straight...sometimes it's office pollicy to call me with my lab results, sometimes it's not- depends on the day, I guess. Sometimes, it's policy to refill my medication without an appointment as long as I've been seen in the last 6 months, sometimes, it's not... again, it depends on how busy they are....if they are having a slow week, I am sure to need an appointment. I highly recommend you keep looking for a doctor that actually wants to be a doctor and see the patients that keep his practice open. This place is a joke.

January 13th, 2011
There are better options for care
I have limited choices of care per my health insurance, but I pray there are better choices than Wheat Ridge Family Clinic. Dr. Archuleta refuses to see patients and requires patients to see other "providers" even for their first time in the office. Personally, I have returned several times trying to get an accurate diagnoses and medication to help control general symptoms, and each time I go in, I am told that Dr. Archuleta does not see patients at this practice; he only "supervises" his PAs, NPs, and MAs. From what I can tell, there is VERY LITTLE supervision going on here; I've even been told numerous times he is not in the office when I've ask to speak with him. I cringe when I think that this practice represents what we have to look forward to in the state of our healthcare system. (Furthermore, I have not been notified of abnormal labs until I come in for a follow up visit; sometimes this visit is months after the labs were drawn! I am very disappointed and in frustration I will look for another doctor). As for the other providers: The time spent in an office visit with the providers I was allowed to see was adequate, and they seemed to care- but they were not doctors, and admitted they had just graduated from a program. (In the short time I've been a patient, there has been high turn-over of staff; when someone seems to begin to understand my health concerns, they leave and are replaced with another new graduate). I have never met Dr. Archuleta, and if I elect to stay with this group, it appears I never will. If you already have a diagnoses, and you're just needing prescription refills, this would be a good fit (if you had no other option).

August 3rd, 2009
Just refills please
If you don't mind getting passed around from PA to PA and that you might not see Dr Archuleta and if you allready know whats wrong with you and just getting refills of pills than this is the place for you.

May 24th, 2016