REVIEW OF MAURICE SMITH MD show details REVIEW OF MAURICE SMITH MD
by Phillip J Taylor DPh on Feb 6th, 2015

As a pharmacist with 30 years experience in different areas of pharmacy practice I have had experience with many providers. I have never completed a survey or review until this time. Dr Smith is the most arrogant, uncaring provider I have dealt with in my long career. Bedside manner varies widely with providers and should not be the sole criterion on which they are judged. But complete indifference to a patient's feelings bordering on hostility is at best unethical. I have dealt with the public as a pharmacist for years and am not a difficult person to deal with. Perhaps Dr. Smith should spend more time to with his teaching career. There he would be surrounded by young people who care how much he knows. From my experience i know how LITTLE he cares Sincerely, Phillip J Taylor DPh

Neck Surgery show details Neck Surgery
by Pat M on Jul 11th, 2014

I would rate Dr. Smith as the finest healthcare professional I have ever had experience with. He was effiecient, compassionate and very personable. I would recommend him to anyone seeking care in his field of expertise.

Nov 11th, 2012

I had an unusual spinal problem(OPLL). He diagnosed me and gave me my options. He answered all my questions. Surgery went great and recovery is full with no problems. I especially like being able to email the nurse and get an answer the same day!

Jul 2nd, 2012

The lady that wrote about his bedside manner was completely wrong. All of the things he did were necessary to provide the most accurate diagnosis. He performed back surgery on me and from the momnet I went there throughout the entire process, he and his staff were excellent.

Brutalized my body putting me in more pain. show details Brutalized my body putting me in more pain.
Jan 26th, 2012

First off the office staff is fine, none of this was wrong doing on their part. I was in immense pain the day I had my appointment. The nurse took me to the exam room on time but I laid on the exam table in pain for over an hour until the doctor saw me. In addition to his poor bedside manner he examined me in ways I would expect of a barbarian. He threw my shoes under the table, well knowing id have to painfully crawl to get them, didn't read my mri results at all, recommend physical therapy to me when I'm liable to further injure myself and the physical exam was horrendous. He forced me to lay in uncomfortable positions, made me strain my back and on top of everything he brutally pushed on my exposed sciatic nerve roots. I will never see this doctor again and I'm going to get a second opinion before I start any treatment. This guy is a fraud. I wouldn't even see him if his services were free. Worst doctor i've ever had.

GREAT show details GREAT
Sep 17th, 2011

Diagnosed me accurately with a rare condition, made sure I knew all the options, made sure I knew all the risks and benefits. He answered my questions fully. When I sent email to nurse, I had an answer the same business day if I sent by 4pm. EXCELLENT! Would recommend

Jun 25th, 2009

he is excellent

DR MAURICE SMITH IS THE GREATEST OF ALL DR.. show details DR MAURICE SMITH IS THE GREATEST OF ALL DR..
by WARRINE SIMPSON on Apr 6th, 2008

HE CERTIANLY CARE ABOUT HIS PATIENTS.I HAD GIVE UPON LIFE I DIDN'T THINK I WOULD MAKE IT.I JUST CANT BELIEVE IT.I HAH BEEN SERIOUSLY ILL FOR FOUR MONTH .IN A WHEEL CHAIR FOR TWO AN THANK DR MAURICE SMITH-