Dermatologist (skin)

3516 Silverside Rd
Ste 19
Wilmington, DE 19810
302-478-1213
Locations and availability (3)

1.5

Some ratings provided by Yahoo.
 |  jojo  |  show details
Nov 21st, 2012

great experience

|  show details
Aug 3rd, 2012

Worst doctor I have had in several years. I went to him to have a check-up for facial irritant contact dermatitis that I was being treated for while spending time out of the country. He didn't ask me many questions about my condition, gleaning little information and insight into what was happening with my skin allergies; furthermore, what I did tell him he seemed to care little about. He told me to use Dial antibacterial bar soap containing dyes and perfume on my ICD, which was caused by perfumed sun screen. It makes zero sense! I will not go back for a follow-up and needless to say, I will not use Dial soap on my face!

|  Pompous ass.  |  show details
by Lara Z on Jul 28th, 2008

I saw Dr. Thew twice. The first time he prescribed medicines for my adult acne and psoriasis. My psoriasis is on my feet and hands and is moderate to severe, but Dr. Thew told me I should feel lucky because most people have it on more places. Never mind that one of my issues is that the psoriasis causes painful skin cracks that often make it difficult to walk. On my second visit I waited over an hour to be seen. When Dr. Thew came in, I told him the acne medicines he prescribed made my skin feel it was badly sunburned so I stopped using them. He told me I was wrong. Flat out wrong. He told me there was no reason my skin should've felt this way and to keep using the products. I told him the psoriasis meds he prescribed didn't lead to any significant improvement. He kind of shrugged and told me to keep using them and that I should go see a psoriasis specialist because he couldn't do anything for me. I showed him three toenails that were wonky. I said I didn't know if it was from psoriasis or fungus. He told me it was most likely psoriasis and didn't bother to test. He walked out of the room after spending a total of four minutes with me. I felt tears spring to my eyes as he walked out. Then I started crying, and his nurse saw me cry, and walked out without saying a word. Once she left, I started bawling. The office has thin walls but not one person bothered to check on me to find out why I was upset. I reported Dr. Thew's incompetence to BCBS and will write this review wherever I can. This man is a poor excuse for a dermatologist and should be avoided at all costs.

|  show details
Apr 8th, 2008 on yahoo.com

he is the worst doctor I have ever seen. I was treated by him for over a year with no results--in fact things got worse. He also did not care.

Read Full Review at yahoo.com
 |  HORRIBLE  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Mar 3rd, 2008 on insiderpages.com

This doctor has been a waste of my time- He explains nothing to you, and spends approx 3 minutes with you in the room. I saw Dr. Thew for ac...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com