Dr. Mauricio Botero-Velez Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Mauricio Botero-Velez?

September 29th, 2013

Although he may be a very good doctor, Dr. Botero-Velez did not seem to care about how well I understood my worsening kidney problem. He made no effort to educate me or prepare me for my need for dialysis.

July 9th, 2012

Dr. Botero 1000% Reccomended!!

Okay, we need to cut this wonderful doctor some slack. After attending to me in the hospital for 10 days after I suffered an acute renal failure(ARF), getting in to see Dr. Botero was a nightmare! Part of my release papers I signed, and the nurse witnessed, I was supposed to see him within 2 weeks of my discharge. I was put on a waiting list that was about 3 months long. I couldn't do that! Part of the problems were: 1) He is just getting into the Martin Memorial Health System 2)This is the only nephrology office in Martin or St. Lucie Counties, and 3) They are getting up to 30, yes 30, new patients a day!

February 8th, 2012

Dr Botero is a excellent Dr. I could not have asked for a better one. Thank you for every thing you have done for me.

September 12th, 2011

Not knowledgable enough and close minded

Wouldn't listen to me about my history and condition.Had to actually go look something up in his office after I explained it to him.Put the wrong diagnosis on mt chart.I was a new patient, so maybe he thought I didn't know anything. But frankly, treating a new patient like they are ignorant of their own condition and treatment that they have been dealing with for almost 2 decades shows a lack of common respect.I didn't assume he was unknowledgable before I met and talked with him. I made my decision that he was after I talked with him.YMMV (your mileage may vary)...maybe he was having a bad day or didn't like the type of patient I am (very informed).

Birth Control