Dr. Maurits Wiersema Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Maurits Wiersema?

Type 2 Diabetes

Type 2 Diabetes

Have you seen Dr. Maurits Wiersema?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

June 6th, 2016

He is top-notch!

Dr Wiersema set himself apart from the start. He told me what he thought my problem was, what to expect, and to call if. He is thorough and unhurried. I actually feel like he is personally concerned about his patients. He is also on the cutting edge of technology. He is one of the best if not the best doctor I have seen and I have seen a lot.

May 25th, 2016

A great Dr.

Dr. Wiersema was instrumental in saving my life and finding out my Pancreatic tumors were benign and referred me to a good surgeon who definitely saved my life.

February 4th, 2016

Mad!!

My dad was in CICU at Lutheran Hospital. Dr Wiersema was called to my dads room because of a swallowing problem. Dr Wiersema literally yelled as my dad, told him he didn't want to hear my dads "stories" and virtually called my dad a liar! This was very unprofessional in the least. Yelling at a cardiac patient?? I wouldn't recommend any doctor who treats their patients in this manner.

August 12th, 2015

After driving 60 miles one way, being poked, prodded and hooked up to IV's etc., the nurse comes in and says they are out of Anesthesia and will have to reschedule for next week. I have never known a hospital to be OUT OF Anesthesia. Family members were told the doctor had to go to another hospital. So which lie is it? Our appointment was over a month in advance.

April 1st, 2015

Charged unfairly

I went to the hospital with flank pain and was referred to Dr. Wiersema. I was in terrible pain, and his nurse couldn't get me scheduled for an appointment until 2 months after my ER visit. They eventually worked with me on a cancellation and thankfully got me in sooner. Dr. Wiersema ordered an upper endoscopy and specifically told me that we would not do a biopsy because I am so young. I arrived for my procedure and was told THAT DAY that I had to pay $575. I did. It was also not explained to me that I would be billed from not only the office he works at, but the hospital they are affiliated with. I waited for over an hour in the waiting room before I was called back. The nurses were all very friendly. When I was in recovery Dr. Wiersema came in and said "Good news. It's a structure you've always had." That's it. That is ALL he said to me. He didn't explain any further what he meant, he just walked out. A few weeks later I received two bills in the mail and on one from his office was a huge charge for a biopsy. When I called the billing office and explained I was told I didn't get a biopsy, they referred me to his office. His normal nurse was out of office for the day, but another nurse told me they did, in fact, do two biopsies. I hadn't received any information other than the bill for them! I asked her if he spoke directly with patients and if I could ask him personally about this mix up and she said no! I will absolutely never use Lutheran Medical or Dr. Wiersema in the future. I have already paid over $700 out of pocket and am being unexpectedly billed for over $300 more.

December 13th, 2013

Distal Pancreatectomy

I am sure Dr. Wiersema saved my life by diagnosing the removal of my distal or tail end of the Pancreas. I had a Psuedocyst ( lesion? ) Non cancerous but was growing quickly. He is one of only a few Dr.s that can do Endoscopic procedures for Biopsy of the Pancreas. He recommended One of the best Laproscopic Surgeons for this type of Surgery in the Midwest,which Dr. Sloan did in the Lutheran Hospital in Ft.Wayne, IN. Dr. Sloan removed the Distal portion of my Pancreas Laproscopically on a Monday and I was released on a Thursday. I can't say enough praise for these Dr.s.

August 30th, 2013

He is an excellent physician highly regarded by other members of the medical community. He is incredibly intelligent with years of excellent experience. Would absolutely recommend him to anyone.

October 4th, 2011

A WONDERFUL MAYO CLINIC TRAINED DOCTOR!

Dr. Wiersema is awesome! He goes back to the Mayo Clinic every six months to catch up on what they've learned. We need more Mayo Clinic trained doctors in our area!!!

December 2nd, 2010

tall handsome easy to talk to, great listener

September 9th, 2010

Highly recommend

Overall provided excellent care and was extremely helpful in sorting out a rather difficult problem. Would recommend him to my family.

March 10th, 2010

Dr. Wiersema is a great doctor. He accurately diagnosed me after listening to my symptoms. He did a great job on my colonoscopy and really took the time to answer all my questions. He's very intelligent and anyone would be lucky to have him as their doctor.

April 12th, 2009

Dull Personality Doctor

This is the worst bedside manner, non-friendly, non-smile doctor I have ever gone to see.