Dr. Mauro Leyba Jr Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Mauro Leyba Jr?

November 14th, 2016

Dr Leyba has been my doctor for more than 20 yrs, and I have received excellent care from day one.

September 17th, 2015

Still hearing about his horrible treatment, even after 19 years!

*Please note the one star is only to submit this review! There needs to be a negative as well! I was originally was sent to see Dr. Leyba after suffering hemolytic anemia during my last pregnancy 19 years ago, due to lupus. I was considered a high risk pregnancy, and he was a specialist referred by my general doctor. It was, from day one, an exercise in frustration! The wait time was always extremely long, the staff very unsmiling, I was always called "Mr.___", but the worst part was always to see him. Newly diagnosed with lupus, I had many questions which I would expect a specialist worth his salt to answer for me. He was very dismissive, curt, rude, at one point telling me, "There are other people sicker than you" I was shocked by his horrible rude manner, and dropped him, telling my doctor about my experience. Unfortunately, 19 years later, every last person I know who has seen him has had a similar experience, most recently my brother, who was told there was nothing wrong with him, then ended up in the emergency room with debilitating symptoms related to lupus. This is a sorry excuse for a doctor, anyone else would be better than him.

February 6th, 2012

Everytime I see Dr. Leyba I have a very long wait even if I am the first appointment of the day. I feel like my concerns are brushed off and that one year of medication was far too long to wait to decide that it wasnt working. I feel that after 1 year of aggressive treatment he is overly optimistic about my future progress and that makes it hard to plan. I have gotten much better than I was but I feel I am as good as I am going to get. It takes months for the office to get medication change approvals and that can be frustrating.

March 30th, 2011

Dr. Leyba and his office staff are caring, thorough, and efficient. Thank God for professionals like him and his staff.

October 25th, 2010

excellent doctor

Started immediate agressive therapy for RA. I attribute my ability to work and walk to him.

September 21st, 2017