A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Mauro Ortiz:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Mauro Ortiz, Cardiologist, Thoracic Surgeon, Nuclear Medicine is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Ortiz
Atrial Fibrillation Patient Education Learn about atrial fibrillation and irregular heartbeat symptoms and treatments by reading the patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Ortiz Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Mauro Ortiz, FACC, MD is board certified in Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- Heart Failure
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Transesophageal Echocardiography
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Ortiz graduated from The University of Texas at Galveston. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Ortiz has 12 hospital affiliations:
- Metropolitan Methodist Hospital
- CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Mauro Ortiz FACC and MD is a male Internist, has 16 years of experience and practices in Cardiovascular Disease.
- Where does Dr. Mauro Ortiz practice?
- Dr. Mauro Ortiz has 1 office location.
Dr. Mauro Ortiz practices Cardiovascular Disease near Boerne, TX.
See Boerne Cardiologists.