Dr. Maury Luxemburg MD Patient Reviews

2.1
  • 5 reviews

June 28th, 2016
Horrible service, went to follow-up with child regarding having a vitamin deficiency. This doctor was trying to insinuate that ( I ) the parent was being neglectful. Very rude and inappropriate. Come to find out my child is fine.

May 9th, 2016
A great visit!
For the past two weeks my 11 year old son has been complaining of overall discomfort and not acting his normal self. I decided to bring him to visit Dr. Luxemburg - his favorite doctor. Right when Luxemburg came into the room, my son was immediately responsive to questions and perked up again. Dr. Luxemburg helped me navigate my son's behavior and discomfort, and suggested that I try to find more group activities, clubs, and teams for my son to play on in order to enhance his social interaction. Dr. Luxemburg is a great doctor, and I am glad that he gives me sincere and meaningful answers to my sometimes difficult questions and worries. I would definitely recommend Dr. Luxemburg to my family and friends!!

October 8th, 2015
Caring staff
The staff at this center is great; the nurse was lovely. Dr Luxemburg made me cry! And I was bringing in my healthy 4-year-old for a checkup and vaccines-- there should have been no conflict or difficulty. But he is so condescending; as soon as I walked in the door he was lecturing me about all the things I was probably doing wrong regarding toilet training, feeding, sleeping-- before he asked any questions or evaluated my son in any way! It's like he assumes all of his patients must be idiots, and isn't going to give anyone a chance to prove otherwise. Maybe he was in a bad mood after a difficult day, so maybe I should give him another chance, but I'm not subjecting myself to that again.

February 3rd, 2015
Never planning to see him again
In discussing bedtime he told me that as long as my baby is crying that he is breathing so is fine. I am not in favor of the cry it out method so if that is you do not see this doctor. He did not listen to me when I explained our previous sleep attempts. He did not seem to ask anything about my child other than if he sleeps through the night and focused only on that one aspect telling me I need to be more stubborn than my baby to win. A baby doesn't cry the first time left in a crib alone because he is defiant but because he is scared. He would not listen to my concerns. This doctor was rude and talked to me like I am a child. When my son was crying during the examination (as expected, I'm not a first time parent) I was trying to calm him down by talking to him, telling my baby "you're alright". The doctor retorts that my baby knows he is fine and is just voicing his opinion. A baby cries when examined by a stranger not to be a pain and complain but because he is confused and scared. I will never go to this doctor again.

December 18th, 2014
Best Doctor in the World!
Dr. Luxemburg was amazing with my 3 year old son who had strep throat. He made everything into a game during the experience which made going to the doctors fun for my son. For example, when they had to take swabs of his mouth, Dr. Luxemburg made a contest to see who could open their mouth the biggest, which meant no hassle when it came to it. Overall, a caring and compassionate human being who I recommend to everyone!