Dr. Mavis Fujii MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

no change

July 20th, 2016
Was told that they would call me with my results. (Never Did) Told her that I met my deductible so everything in network is covered at 100%. When I started receiving bills for: labs that she told me they would be covered I was mad! Over $70,000! When I called her office and explained the situation her receptionist said oh don't worry medical claims do not hurt your credit.

April 27th, 2016
A great doctor!!
I really liked Dr Fujii and her staff! She was caring but very on top of getting me tested as soon as possible!

April 14th, 2016
Annoyed
I've seen dr. Fuji for approx. 15yrs, Started at her old office, I've always had the utmost confidence and respect for her, in the last couple years I dread going into office because of the wait to see her. I've never experienced such a rude unprofessional receptionist in my life. Another thing that I get very perturbed at is, you can't talk with anyone on the phone or get calls returned.

March 24th, 2016
I've only had one appointment with physician. She appears to be knowledable and competent. And I was so excited that she would finally be able to figure out what my problem is. I have done every lab test, MRI, and EEG that she has requested and the office has had to reschedule my appointment 3 times. How can you help someone when you can not see the doctor can't see you. It's really frustrating because the medication that she first put me one in the initial visit doesn't work that well. I ask the nurse to refill the prn meds after a month and it took her 2 days. If they reschedule the next visit I will have to request my records ( since she ordered some very expensive tests) and move on and start all over again.

March 18th, 2016
Horrible receptionist
Dr. Fujii is a very knowledgeable neurologist, and I was very excited to continue working with her on the best treatment for myself. HOWEVER, at my last appointment, that was rescheduled by her office, I was treated very disrespectfully by her receptionist. As an employee of the medical field, I am aware that specialist visits take an unusually large amount of time. I planned my day accordingly, setting aside 3 hours for the wait, and visit. This is the average amount of time I have needed for previous visits with Dr. Fujii. Today I sat in the waiting room for 2.5 hours, before being called back. Realizing my time was dwindling, and I would be late for work, I asked for the receptionist to refund my copay so I could be on my way. Again I am aware of the practice of doctors office, so I was sure not to blame the receptionist or reprimand her for my wait. I simply wanted my refund. As I was walking away the receptionist decide to tell me, and the other patients in the waiting room that Dr. Fujii runs behind everyday, and to schedule morning appointments (mine was at 10:30) or to be prepared to wait. I told the receptionist that no wherer in my week did I have 6 hours to set aside for a doctor appointment, and that 3 hours was hard enough to schedule with my job, and children. Her response to me was to find a new neurologist. Dr. Fujii was someone I felt like could truly turn things around from me, and I am incredibly disappointment that her staff is so inconsiderate, and has such poor bedside manner. Unfortunately I will not be returning, and am on the hunt for a new neurologist. I gave 2 stars for the simple fact that I truly liked and respected the doctor.

November 30th, 2015
I just love Dr. Fuji and her staff. They are wonderful!

October 30th, 2015
Misdiagnosed. After all tests, incl spinal tap

May 22nd, 2015
Little Concerned
My physician had referred me to Dr. Fujii but after reading her reviews I am worried. Why does she allow her staff to be so rude to people. Glad I found this out before seeing her.

May 4th, 2015
Only neurologist I've ever really trusted. I believe she has extensive knowledge an inner intuition that helps with giving me proper care.

December 17th, 2013
I do not know how we did without her.
Dr. Fujii is my hero! She was able to quickly find my diagnoses. Since it was muscular, her specialty, she asked all the questions that hit me between the eyes. I have been to many, many doctors. The Nuerologist that I see for pain management and other issues worked with her under Banard Patin. She had my diagnosis immediately, by my symptoms and blood work along with EMG and other test. It was right on! I love her personality, Brian's and humor. I love that she is an individual and doesn't act stuffy like a lot of other Doctors. Yes, the lady at the front desk can be rude. We never know what she has had to deal with that day. I know that Dr. Fujii does not put up with that kind of behavior. Stay with us Dr. Fujii, we cannot get along without you. I give her a 5 star rating. I just do not have the option on this survey

July 26th, 2013
Not happy
Really unhappy with them. The only nice people in the office are Josh(who is now gone) and Lori. The infusion nurses are nice also. The front desk 'office manager' is rude and totally unprofessional. I have heard her yell at patients sometimes bringing them to the point of tears; one time this happened and the doctor was right there and didn't say a thing! My family member was a patient there for two years and had frequent visits and was always sweet and kind and polite to them. After he passed away, my friend contacted them to let them know. I never got any acknowledgement from them of sympathy unlike our PCP who CALLED me on the phone the day she heard! Also am not sure that the diagnosis she gave us was correct; I did tons of research on it and symptoms just did not fit profile of the genetic disorder she said he had. Would NOT recommend.

February 14th, 2013
Dr. Fujii is an answer to our prayers! I've seen dozens of doctors and two other neurologists, but SHE is the one who finally helped me. If you want the BRIGHTEST doctor, go to her. Just a warning--- She tucks her scrubs into her fuzzy socks and she occasionally lets out a "bad word." But it's worth it to look past these things. Not only is she very knowledgable on diagnoses and treatments, but she also has a great sense of humor and ability to comfort patients. I personally LOVE her office staff, but I can see where others are coming from. I have witnessed staff members being unprofessional, but only when patients were rude to them first. Try not to get on their bad sides. It's worth it!!! We're thankful for Dr. Fujii. She gave me my life back!