Neurologists

18333 Egret Bay Blvd
Ste 650
Houston, TX 77058
281-333-9933
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

• Currently 2.9047619047619 of 4 stars
  • Currently 2.7619047619048 of 4 stars
  • Currently 3.047619047619 of 4 stars
  • Currently 3.047619047619 of 4 stars
 |  I do not know how we did without her.  |  show details
by Betty Theis on Dec 17th, 2013

Dr. Fujii is my hero! She was able to quickly find my diagnoses. Since it was muscular, her specialty, she asked all the questions that hit me between the eyes. I have been to many, many doctors. The Nuerologist that I see for pain management and other issues worked with her under Banard Patin. She had my diagnosis immediately, by my symptoms and blood work along with EMG and other test. It was right on! I love her personality, Brian's and humor. I love that she is an individual and doesn't act stuffy like a lot of other Doctors. Yes, the lady at the front desk can be rude. We never know what she has had to deal with that day. I know that Dr. Fujii does not put up with that kind of behavior. Stay with us Dr. Fujii, we cannot get along without you. I give her a 5 star rating. I just do not have the option on this survey

|  Not happy  |  show details
Jul 26th, 2013

Really unhappy with them. The only nice people in the office are Josh(who is now gone) and Lori. The infusion nurses are nice also. The front desk 'office manager' is rude and totally unprofessional. I have heard her yell at patients sometimes bringing them to the point of tears; one time this happened and the doctor was right there and didn't say a thing! My family member was a patient there for two years and had frequent visits and was always sweet and kind and polite to them. After he passed away, my friend contacted them to let them know. I never got any acknowledgement from them of sympathy unlike our PCP who CALLED me on the phone the day she heard! Also am not sure that the diagnosis she gave us was correct; I did tons of research on it and symptoms just did not fit profile of the genetic disorder she said he had. Would NOT recommend.

by Young, Female Patient on Feb 14th, 2013

Dr. Fujii is an answer to our prayers! I've seen dozens of doctors and two other neurologists, but SHE is the one who finally helped me. If you want the BRIGHTEST doctor, go to her. Just a warning--- She tucks her scrubs into her fuzzy socks and she occasionally lets out a "bad word." But it's worth it to look past these things. Not only is she very knowledgable on diagnoses and treatments, but she also has a great sense of humor and ability to comfort patients. I personally LOVE her office staff, but I can see where others are coming from. I have witnessed staff members being unprofessional, but only when patients were rude to them first. Try not to get on their bad sides. It's worth it!!! We're thankful for Dr. Fujii. She gave me my life back!

Sep 7th, 2012

The above comments are based on the times I have been there with my sister who is a patient of Dr. Fujii's. I am very upset with this office. I tried to get in to see her and left voice mail which says they will call back within 24 hours. They did not call back. I waited 3 days and called back again. I was put on hold for almost 10 minutes. The woman who I spoke with was rude, acting as though I was taking up too much of her time, interrupting me when I was explaining how I had left a message. I have called this office in the past for my sister and not one of the staff who answers the phone ever identifies themselves. This is what I meant with the poor grade for 'ease in getting an appointment'. Even though I got an appointment within several days after I called, the actual interactions while trying to do so were not easy. Dr. Fujii herself is very caring and personable with my sister but she is a little scattered sometimes. We often wind up waiting a long time both in the waiting room and in the exam room. I think she has too many patients and not enough help(or not enough efficient and effective help).

|  UNREAL  |  show details
Nov 1st, 2011

The office manager is Extremely Unprofessional, Non Caring, Disrespectful and Rude. The majority of the staff in this office are en educated and dis respectful to the patients; to their family members, friends and care givers

|  DON'T GO TO THIS DOCTOR!!!!  |  show details
Jul 8th, 2011

My initial visit was fine besides the fact that it took several weeks to get. I saw Dr. Fujii for about three to five minutes and that was it. I went in because I started having seizures. They put me on medication initially, before any test were run other than blood work. It wasn't until after more seizures that a MRI was ordered, apparently it came back normal. After more seizure they ordered and EEG, which showed nothing. More seizures came and they still did no more tests or investigating, just added more medication. I was going to this Doctor for about 4 years and I only saw the Doctor twice. I guess she is "too busy" to see her patients. There were a couple of PA's that were good, but they are no longer there. The office staff, for the most part is rude and too busy with their personal conversation to pay attention with their patients. I would absolutely not recommend this office to anyone.

Nov 1st, 2010

My first visit was very uplifting and the doctor was wonderful. I got all my tests done. Then I went for my follow up and waited for over 3 hours to see the doctor. I never complained or said a word just waited patiently. The staff was very friendly. The doctor came in gave me about three minutes of her time and walking out and didn't give me any results of my tests. I had to remind her I was there for results, after looking through all my stuff she found my results some of which were abnormal. I was very disappointed. I have still called and left messages trying to get copies of my stuff so I can go elsewhere for a follow up and no one will return my call. Very unprofessional.

Sep 28th, 2010

Rude,snippity office staff.Been a pt for years,I'm looking elsewhere!Dr.Fujii had 2 wonderful PA's who no longer work there.She can't keep staff,which is a good clue to mismanagement & poor repore between doc & staff.Difficult to get in to see her when having problems.Infusion clinic is a nice perk, if you're able to get in.I can't wait to find another neurologist!

|  Mr.  |  show details
by bob k at Insider Pages on May 26th, 2010 on insiderpages.com

I would Recommend Dr. Fujii. Extremely knowledgeable of my condition. I have recommended her to others.

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
 |  worst dr i have ever seen  |  show details
Apr 26th, 2010

the staff is rude you cant even get an appt if we are sick

|  Highly Recommended!!  |  show details
by Penny on Jul 8th, 2009

I have been seeing Dr. Fujii for a number of years now and she is the only physician to have hit the nail on the head with my complicated diagnoses...time after time. She is very caring, has excellent "bedside manner", and seems highly knowledgeable in her field of expertise.Another plus is that she loves parrots as much as I do!!

|  poor  |  show details
Jun 11th, 2009

I have suffered from migraines for years. She had me get an MRI.She called me ON THE PHONE on Good Friday to tell me I have lesions on my brain and might have MS !!!This should have been a sit down face to face office visit for that kind of info.I went ot an MS specialist at UTMB in Houston -- no MS, lesions probably CAUSED by the migraines.I was very disappointed in Fujii -- never went back to her!

|  Wonderful Staff  |  show details
by Khiba on Jun 2nd, 2009

Have only seen the Doctor once but she was open, direct and knowledgeable.She was my 4th neurologist and the only one I felt very comfortable with. Best of all, the office staff and the PAs are the most wonderful, caring helpful people I have met in any doctor's office. They listen, give hugs and make you very comfortable and welcome as a person, not just a patient.

May 12th, 2009

I would consider Mavis Fujii to be one of the leading Neurologist in the Houston area. I went to half a dozen doctors before I found Doctor Fujii. Extremely knowledgeable and competent.