Dr. Max Baker MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

February 23rd, 2017
Integrity and Phychyatry Done Right
When in such a vulnerable place in my life, trusting just anyone is hard, Dr. Baker has helped me in the past and I never had to be concerned about the outcome.. I always end up getting better no matter where I am he understands and brings me back... I feel so safe in his capable hands.

October 11th, 2016
A very good psychiatrist for ADHD and depression
Listens to what I have to say and gets to the root of the problem.

October 15th, 2008
Great doc but appointment policy unclear.
Dr. Baker is a fine psychiatrist with good bed side manner and a sense of humor. I felt that I was beginning to trust him after about 3 months. Unfortunately, my visits with him coincided with a difficult transition from having lived with my parents for 4 years to living on my own.After a few months as his patient, I was excited to talk to Dr. Baker about some memory problems that I experience during my next visit. I had never discussed this topic with any other doctor before. I had begun to feel that he could really help me and I was putting in a great effort and was ready to continue to do so. Regretfully, I learned from his receptionist the day that I called to schedule an appointment, that I had missed my 3rd appointment just one day before my call. I can only assume that Dr. Baker felt that he had nothing further to offer me as his patient since no one had told me or even reminded me of the appointment policy after I had missed the first two appointments. I was told only that I had to pay for the second missed appointment. I feel that I should note that I suffer from debilitating panic attacks that Dr. Baker felt he could treat with a combination of anti-depressants and a mood stabilizer. During the 6 months that I saw Dr. Baker, my panic attacks became worse. Previously, my doctors had treated the attacks with Klonopin or Xanex. Dr. Baker told me that he doesn't prescribe those types of drugs. Since I suffer from an "anxiety disorder", I wondered how effective his treatments could be without anti-anxiety drugs but I was willing to give him try. I am regretful that Dr. Baker doesn't have a clear office policy on missed appointments or that know felt like informing me that I had only one more appointment that I could miss if I still wanted to be seen in his office. I have struggled to find a doctor that I trust and who I feel is well qualified. The worst part about losing a Psychiatrist is that in order to gain from the experience, you need to admit that the doctor just might know more that you. When the doctor decides to terminate the relationship, the patient is left in a very vulnerable position.I would like to note that he did not offer to refill my meds a final time or recommend a doctor who could do this.

May 6th, 2017