Dr. Max Cohen MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery Greensboro, NC

• Good
  • Bad

October 4th, 2016
his office is a money racket
Went to office in 2014 with mri that showed I had spinial stenisos and bone spurs but his PA Collen was bent on spine steroid injections and told her no, she can't read a mri. Went back the next year and saw Brad a PA and he said spine steroid injection and told him no so he got Dr. Cohen and he read mri and said we need to do surgery right away but feel a stress test and had to wait another year and was on high dose of pain meds and he said to detox for two months which I did and had spine fussion from C2 to T2 and did not give me enough strength in pain meds and suffer so badly and he did not care. It's a joke - he wants PA's to get all on spine injections to make more money - how can a PA make a wise choice of what to do, their not even a MD. He opened two new offices and running a money racket. I could have had the surgery done in 2014 but stupid PA's are told to get each patient on steroid injection to make allot more money. A spine surgeon should be the one to look at mri and check you out but he has a PA block to make more money. Do not ever go here, it's a money pit and a joke. He did my low back in 2007 and got to see him on first visit - but since he opened two high dollar offices he is making a ton of money on spine injection before you can ever see him in office. I'm going to see a lawyer and make him pay. Do not go here ever - why would a PA know what you need done when you have a mri that shows you need surgery. I'm mad as one can be, I'm in the worst pain. This guy is a total joke. Do not go here trust me because you will go threw same thing.

September 29th, 2016
Appears to be a money hungry practice (dig deep)
I've been to Dr. Cohen's practice and seen by his PA several times. I received great service by the PA. I was referred to the Physical Therapy department and was well pleased. I've have bulging/ruptured disc in lower back. My first time actually seeing Dr. Cohen, he was over an hour late and wanted me to see his partner which I thought was going to happen then. No...I had to schedule another appointment. This is where is gets interesting. At my previous appointment I tried to pay my co-pay and was told I had a credit. They did not tell me how much of a credit, just that I had one. Between then and the next appointment on 9/29/2016 they sent me a check for $45.00. I get there on the 9/29, they say I need to pay $90.00. I ask why and get the whole story, but they don't really know why they sent me the check if I owed money. I could not pay the $90.00 that day, I didn't have it with me. I asked if I could pay it later, I needed to transfer money. Well guess what, they would not schedule the appointment with Dr. Cohen's partner until I paid the other $45.00. They wanted to hold me hostage over $45.00 that I intended to pay (the next day), instead of scheduling the appointment that Dr. Cohen recommended. When getting back to my office, I immediately transferred the $45.00 to my checking account, called them, paid the balance and informed them I would not be held hostage and would see another doctor. This practice does not care about people, helping them with their pain or other injuries. They do not care how long you have suffered or continue to suffer unless you pay them your co-pay, which in this case was a mix-up on their part. Really, I thought all doctors took an oath! I think they deserve the money they make but come on...holding sick and hurting people hostage. I will not step foot in this building ever again. I refuse to be treated like a common criminal, someone that does not pay their bills or uses the system. I am a hard working, honest American, who had over paid them in the first place.

January 3rd, 2016
If my first surgery had been done correctly, I would not have needed three more. Diagnosed by five other spine surgeons as "Failed Back Surgery"

August 22nd, 2015
Back Pain
Dr Cohen and the entire staff have been fantastic. Compassionate, thorough, attentive, caring the list could go on and on. He addressed my issue with proper diagnosis and my situation has progressed just as promised. I would recommend their practice to anyone.

April 30th, 2015
If it's an easy fix he the guy!
After having major lumbar surgery all pain returned along with my left side and hips which had never hurt before surgery. Cohen was very nice until one day he just sent me back to work and said "I'm done." Since I'm not the norm in I am someone who wants to work, he wasn't sure what to do. If it is an easy fix with on complications he the guy but if something goes wrong and surgery does work or in my case makes things worse staying away. I went through so much after my surgery only for him to give up on me.

March 22nd, 2015
Cure after surgery
Dr. Cohen is very personable.. He takes his time explaining and is a caring physician. He is a gifted surgeon!

April 13th, 2014
I have lived with back pain my entire life. It was not until I had sciatica and scoliosis and my pain was unbearable, that I went to Dr. Max Cohen. Per reviews, he was the best in the area. He lived up to and exceeded that expectation. Dr. Cohen is a very talented surgeon. My back pain I have now is from surgery, but gradually improving and I thank Dr. Cohen and the Lord.

July 12th, 2013
Life Saver
What is most memorable to me about my experience with Dr. Cohen was his caring attitude and his patience. Dr. Cohen took the time to listen and then diagnose my injuries. His surgical skills are second to none. Dr. Cohen performed a four level bone fusion on my neck and a one level bone fusion on my lower back. Before these surgeries I was in terrible pain, now I am pain free and I've got my life back! If you are in pain and want the BEST surgeon on this planet then give Dr. Cohen a call like I did. He started out as my surgeon and now I consider this man my friend...

April 2nd, 2012
Dr. Max Cohen
I have the upmost confidence and respect for Dr. Cohen and his ability as a surgeon.

January 29th, 2012
Dr. Cohen performed my Laminectomy/fusion L4-L5 with 100% success! I couldnt have had a better surgeon. My back feels 10 years younger and as if there was never a problem. I would highly recommend him.

November 8th, 2011
Life saver
Saved my life. I was in horrible pain. Had 2 previous neck surgeries and my neurosurgeon told me there was nothing he could do. Friend of mine told me about Dr. Cohen. He took my case and reoperated. I am now off the pain pills and have my life back.

September 7th, 2011
Wife of back patient
Dr. Cohen is absolutely the best spine surgeon I know. His compassion and knowledge of the spine is second to none. What he does is backs. He doesn't want to operate on a hip today, a knee tomorrow and then a back next week. This makes him a true specialist. He has done 2 back surgeries on my husband and a 3rd one is coming up. We enter into this with ease due to his superior skill level and care for successful outcomes.