Neurological Surgeons
Greater Orlando Neurosurgery
7340 Stonerock Cir
Orlando, FL 32819
407-355-0575
Locations and availability (3)

Some ratings provided by Kudzu.
 |  10 Years Pain Free  |  show details
by Tony Morton on Aug 30th, 2014

I saw Dr. Medary in late 2003. After months playing the games required by the health care provider at the time, trying PT, massage theropy and pain management. I finally was refered to a neur. Surgeon. The 1st one I went to literally gave me the creeps. So I asked for a new opinion. They suggested Dr medary. I research him first and found he had great patient reviews and a clean medical practice record. So we scheduled the surgery. He did a discectomy at c6 c7. Now more than 10 yrs passed and all is well.

|  BEST DR. EVER!  |  show details
by Lynn Lehr on Oct 7th, 2013

I went to Dr. Medary after my husband had a successful experience with him. I wouldn't let anyone else do back surgery on me! My surgery fixed my pinched nerve!!! He is SO personable and has a great bedside manner. He makes you feel like he's your friend, not just your Dr. His staff is also friendly, but professional.

|  Mrs.  |  show details
by Martell on Sep 10th, 2013

Should of known not to let him operate on me but was a little desperate to get to feeling better, he left me feeling like he was doing me a huge favor by putting a shunt in my head due to excess fluid in the brain. After surgery I've had a sound in my head that he said would go away in a month it's been three years and had no choice but to get used to the sound in my head and live with it, of course I went back for follow up after surgery but I felt as though I was annoying him, never informed me that the shunt should be monitored and never has anyway, now i'm looking for a new neurosurgeon because my headaches won't go away only God knows what's going on in my head.

by Soto on Jul 1st, 2013

Excellent doctor!

Jun 28th, 2013

After waiting a hour in the lobby after our appointment time, we get to the room and this Dr was a jerk and rude and cussed number of times. I would never refer or go back to him. If I could give home a negative star I would. Hope this helps. God bless!

|  Still Grateful  |  show details
Nov 30th, 2012

I had neck surgery at c6/c7 almost a year and a half ago. I literally COULD NOT lift my head! Yes, he IS arrogant! HE'S A NEUROSURGEON, NOT YOUR HAIRDRESSER! WAKE-UP people! He is VERY competent, has had 1000's of successful surgeries...Surgery is ALWAYS a risk and NOT always successful...I am grateful mine was, with a Doc with the right credentials.

|  Dr Medary is an excellent doctor  |  show details
Oct 31st, 2012

Dr Medary successfully performed brain surgery on my. I met him the day before and he made me feel comfortable and at ease; he won my trust. His personality is great, his skills excellent and he is even handsome. I was blessed to have had him as my surgeon, I thank God for him and remember him kindly often. Coleen Crider

|  He is a joke  |  show details
Oct 15th, 2012

I saw this arrogant dr today and he didn't want to answer my question He was in a rush to see the next guy

|  Very rude  |  show details
Sep 28th, 2012

My husband came to Dr Medary on a recommendation from a friend. As soon as he came in, he was rude. He asked us why we came to see him..was it because we heard he treated NFL players? We came to him for help and he pretty much treated us like we were wasting his precious time. I never was treated like this by a doctor in my life.

|  Herniated disc surgery  |  show details
Sep 7th, 2012

I went to Dr. Medary because I had such horrible pain in my lower back and was really limping which threw off my gait.After surgery, I have some quality of life back, I can walk now and feel great.He is a wonderful doctor, very caring and I am very grateful to him.

|  Surgery  |  show details
Aug 19th, 2012

I had Neuro-surgery back in Oct.2011. Dr. Max Medary was very professional and excellent follow-up. His office staffs are wonderful.I'm in the healthcare field and my wife is an R.N. at Florida Hospital. I had the operation at Dr. Phillips Hosp. and it was a great experience.I highly recommend Dr. Medary. I'm doing excellent and I will have another check-up in September with Dr. Medary.Max, God Bless You for such a great job you did on me!!

|  Pituitary Adenoma - Transphenoidal  |  show details
May 14th, 2012

Dr. Medary did a transphenoidal resection of a pituitary adenoma for me in 2001 and I was extremely pleased with every aspect of his practice.He was very caring and like a fighter pilot regarding his knowledge and expertise. He is an amazing physician and I will always be grateful for his care.Sincerely,Terry Engleman (formerly Terry Carrin)

|  Bad Doctor  |  show details
Mar 29th, 2012

I had surgery done by Dr. Max Medary and it was a horrible experience. After he cut me up then he wanted nothing more to do with me. I have permit damage that was caused by him.

|  cervical disc surgery  |  show details
Nov 19th, 2011

I had surgery on 11/17/11. I had a great experience from the Dr's office to the hospital. It was a 1st class experience!!! He is very confident and put me at ease. He was never pushy about the surgery. He told me whenever you are "sick and tired of being sick and tired" call me. So I did many months later. I feel amazing for 2 day's post surgery!! I would recommend Dr. Medary to anyone!!! Thank You So Much to everyone at Dr. Phillips hospital and Dr. Medary.

|  Went to get a blessing.  |  show details
Oct 31st, 2011

I went to see him about my lower back surgery I had June 6th 2011. I had this surgery done By Dr. H. Levene in Miami. He looked at my MRI and told the truth. I needed a letter for the VA to get benifits due serving this country for over 20 years. He spoke like a professional and we had a great conversation. He said, I will help you. I have heard great things about Dr. Medary from many of the people he performed surgery on. That is why I wanted to see him. Graet job Dr. Max Medary!!God bless you and your family.

Jun 26th, 2011

Was not very curtious.

|  Bait & Switch  |  show details
Dec 10th, 2010

Overall experience left me in worse condition than when I went in. Initially my complain was, acute lower back pain and numbness of my right thigh but after all the sweet talking and then the surgery, I was left with more pain and greater numbness to my thigh. When I contacted Dr. Medary's office and explained my problem to a recorder, I received a call from the doctors assistant who told me she would speak with the doctor and call me back. She called back three or four days later and informed me, there was nothing Dr. Medary could do for me and referred me back to my own doctor. Now I'm in worse condition and poorer because I also have to pay $450.00 in co-payments. So what I received was not what I payed for. My suggestion to you is, do your homework before considering spinal surgery.

by Nelson Nazario on Sep 10th, 2010

Dr Medary maintains a self assured attitude about his profession and gave me confidence that he understood my concerns and was able to help me with my condition. It is nice to speak with a doctor who can listen and also explain things to the patient in a way the patient can understand.

|  arnold chiari surgery  |  show details
Jun 21st, 2010

he told me this was my probably and i would have no more headache but now i have mirgaines 7 day a week and memory lost due to him does not listen to you at all just think about money all the time

|  A medical wizard!  |  show details
by ProfJKM on Jul 24th, 2009 on kudzu.com

Dr. Medary performed a C5-6 diskectomy and fusion on me in 2004. I was in considerable pain before the operation. I went in for surgery in the morning and went home the same evening! Most patients for this surgery at least stay overnight, but I felt so well there was no reason to stay. I was up and around the next day, pain free. Furthermore, there is no scar, even though he made an incision in the front of my neck. He has an excellent reputation with other physicians I asked and if I need similar surgery again, there's no one I would trust more.

|  The Best Neurosurgeon EVER!!!!!  |  show details
by Angie Garcia on Oct 13th, 2008

I can rave enough about Dr Medary! I wish he was the jack of all trades so I'd never have to see another doctor ever! I was in so much pain, not knowing what was wrong, went to the ER and they let me lay there all night just feeding me morphine for pain. My family doctor called and got me into Dr Medary that same day, where he did surgery the very next day!(herniated disc)That was over 4 years ago and I haven't had any problems since. His staff are very courteous and professional. Dr Medary is very professional, down to earth and approachable. I WOULD ONE AND EVERYONE! LOVE HIM! :) If you are seeking someone in his profession, please do not hesitate to call, you won't be sorry with this doctor. No, I don't work for him, nor did I get paid to say this. I'm just so greatful for what he did to help me and it's so rare to find a genuine doctor who cares so much about what he does, I just want to share with everyone the great expierence I've had.

|  Great ending...  |  show details
by Jasmine1997 on Sep 9th, 2008 on kudzu.com

Dr. Medary operated on my back on Sept.3rd, 2007, it has been a year now.I was using a scotter to get around and cane. We are going to Europe next month- which will be lots of walking. I think he is a wonderful doctor and his bedside matter is definite a plus, he does put you at ease. Hospital 2 days - recovery was quick. Thanks again Dr.Medary

|  Excellent!  |  show details
by RobinLK on Jan 6th, 2008 on kudzu.com

Dr. Medary operated on my husband's back in January 2007. As we near the one-year anniversary, we have reflected on how it's all turned out - fantastic! My husband was home w/in 2 days and up and very mobile from the start, though housebound for the first few weeks or so! What Dr. Medary may lack in "bedside manner," he more than makes up for in expertise!! We've recommended him to many other people.

|  Surgery on back..  |  show details
by ejean12 on Nov 27th, 2007 on kudzu.com

Dr Medary operated on my back and it has been successful. I am recovering from the surgery and it will take a few months but doing well. Staples came out yesterday and has healed with no complications at all.