Dr. Max Medary MD Patient Reviews

• Neurological Surgery Orlando, FL

3.9

May 17th, 2017
It seems like some of the negative reviews I have read about Dr. Medary are from patients who he has not operated on. My situation is different. I heard about him from church friends who were very happy with their TOTAL experience with him. I was fortunate that I was able to consult with him soon after I started having serious sciatic nerve pain problems so bad that I could not walk. After his review of my MRI and diagnosis, he felt positive that he could repair the three disk and vertebrae problems I had suffer with for many years. Importantly, he felt confident that he could operate on all three of my problem areas in one surgery at the nearby Dr. Phillips Hospital. The surgery went well under his capable and experienced hands and the hospital staff was wonderful. The manner in which he explained what needed to be done, how it was to be accomplished, and what my short term recovery would be was exceptional. He took the time to answer every question my husband and I had with great professionalism and in a manner that gave us the feeling that there would be a very good likelihood of success. As I look back weeks after my surgery by Dr. Medary and the elimination of my leg pain, I still very much feel that the total experience of putting myself in his hands was a very wise decision. His office and hospital surgical staff were wonderful throughout the process. For that above reasons, I would recommend him to anyone who HE feels he can help to improve the quality of their lives.

May 9th, 2017
If you want a warm and fuzzy surgeon that is a "1.5" ....
If you want a warm and fuzzy surgeon that is a "1.5" .... there a MANY in Central Florida. If you want the BEST surgical care then Dr. Medary is among the best. Maybe trying to improve his bedside manner he can make a joke that does not seem funny - and maybe he can tell in 5 minutes that surgery should be your last resort - and just MAYBE his social skills on Monday & Friday when he is not doing SURGERY on mostly very grateful patients who are not among the 25 that took the time for this commentary - he needs a specialist himself on his always busy and often abused staff - a specialist who can deal with the negative % that would overlook what he is WONDERFUL AT - SURGERY> Just my 2 cents worth - because I had the other surgeon and Max saved me from a lifetime of pain and probably more.

May 9th, 2017
Max is the MAX
NO other would work on my back - THE BEST - and he has a good sense of humor......

February 1st, 2017
Very Helpful
I was able to get an appt. with this neurosurgeon sooner than several others I contacted by weeks. He was friendly and spoke in layman's terms instead of medical terminology. He was clear in his explanation of my condition and future care. I would highly recommend this doctor.

July 18th, 2016
Treated me with professionalism and kindness
I saw Dr. Medary for the first time today. I read all the negative reviews and have to admit they gave me pause. I was anxious about the appointment today, but Dr. Medary was very kind and patient, and went over everything with me. I will be having surgery soon for an anterior discectomy at several levels. He told me he has done thousands of these and I am hopeful that mine will be successful. The only reason I am giving 4 star vs 5 is because I haven't had the surgery yet.

July 18th, 2016
Arrogance! Find another Doctor
You expect a doctor to be compassionate, kind, concerned. Not arrogant, impatience and visibly angry that my family doctor referred me. Left in tears.

April 28th, 2016
He performed cervical fusion 2 yrs ago.. The pain n numbness still there.. Went back to him with xrays and MRI results n CD, that he sent me to take.. When i went back to him , he would not even look at me.. His response was there's nothing wrong with the surgery I performed.. He was so rude to me I felt like crying.. I was so disappointed, because i let this monster operate on me..His license should be revoked. He has no compassion for humans he should not be a Doctor. I would not recommend him. SOB is racist..

April 22nd, 2016
One of the worst experiences I have had with a Dr! He is a condescending rude person!! He cursed at me and told me I was too young to be in his office. If you are looking for a Dr with great bedside manner he is not for you. He staff was rude as well and I had to wait an hr and half to be told I was a waste of his time!

February 23rd, 2016
I had cervical spine fusion and all things considered - could not have been happier with Dr. Medary. I would send family members and friends in need.

January 8th, 2016
Where to start... When he walked in the room, he immediately began by saying I was too young to be in his office (I am 31 and have 6 herniated discs). I agreed and tried to explain my situation. He briefly glanced at one portion of my mri results before saying that I shouldn't have surgery, nor should I get an epidural even though I am in a great deal of pain, because it would make me gain weight "which you don't need." I explained to him that I have gained weight due to fertility treaments that I have been undergoing for the last 11 years my husband and I have been trying to conceive. I am currently recovering from my 9th surgery for endometriosis and he said that I should "just get a hysterectomy already." I had explained that we do have a son who is 4 and has autism. First he asked if my son was my biological child and when I told him he was adopted, he said "oh well if he didn't have autism I am sure you would have been satisfied to just have him and wouldn't still be trying to get pregnant, but you should still just stop trying." Um, is he a reproductive specialist? Does he know enough of my history to be saying things like that? Wasn't I there for a consult on my L5-S1 herniation to see if I needed a fusion, not a discussion about my uterus? He ended the appointment telling me that I was just going to continue having back pain and that maybe eventually my back would get so bad it would just fuse itself. I left in tears. He was a total jerk. Unfortunately for him and his practice, I am married to a doctor and have since called the wife of the referring physician who I am friends with and let them know about my experience. I also am a part of a 5,000 member nationwide group of Doctor's Wives who I could have shared a good review with but instead shared my negative experience (without posting his name). They were appalled as was I at the treatment I received in the 5 minutes of time he spent in the room with me. I can't speak to his surgical skills but I wouldn't let him near me with a scalpel if he can say such horrible things on my first visit to his office. It speaks to the kind of treatment I would get if there were ever an issue following a surgery there. He is condescending, flippant and the very reason surgeons get stereotyped as being jerks.

November 12th, 2015