Overall Review

July 18th, 2016
Treated me with professionalism and kindness
I saw Dr. Medary for the first time today. I read all the negative reviews and have to admit they gave me pause. I was anxious about the appointment today, but Dr. Medary was very kind and patient, and went over everything with me. I will be having surgery soon for an anterior discectomy at several levels. He told me he has done thousands of these and I am hopeful that mine will be successful. The only reason I am giving 4 star vs 5 is because I haven't had the surgery yet.

July 18th, 2016
Arrogance! Find another Doctor
You expect a doctor to be compassionate, kind, concerned. Not arrogant, impatience and visibly angry that my family doctor referred me. Left in tears.

May 10th, 2016
Dr. Medary thinks he is god money maker not compasion to their patients rude and arrogant
Maybe he is an expert of what he is doing but other else he is the worst medicine dr refering toward the actitud related about the patient illness he is a money maker machine that apparently lives not for the wellbeing of the patients, arrogant , rude , do not hear , condecendent. He did a year ago a cervical fusion a get complicated with a bladder situation related with the type of anesthesia he use on me then one year i try to contact him and the staff about a possible lumbar hernial disk . I try to ask him to sing temporary permit to disable and handicap and he refuse well when he saw my mri suggest epidural or. Surgery i will better look for a second opinion , please if somebody suggest this dr think twice . Look for some one more compasionate and healthcare loving .

April 28th, 2016
He performed cervical fusion 2 yrs ago.. The pain n numbness still there.. Went back to him with xrays and MRI results n CD, that he sent me to take.. When i went back to him , he would not even look at me.. His response was there's nothing wrong with the surgery I performed.. He was so rude to me I felt like crying.. I was so disappointed, because i let this monster operate on me..His license should be revoked. He has no compassion for humans he should not be a Doctor. I would not recommend him. SOB is racist..

April 22nd, 2016
One of the worst experiences I have had with a Dr! He is a condescending rude person!! He cursed at me and told me I was too young to be in his office. If you are looking for a Dr with great bedside manner he is not for you. He staff was rude as well and I had to wait an hr and half to be told I was a waste of his time!

February 23rd, 2016
I had cervical spine fusion and all things considered - could not have been happier with Dr. Medary. I would send family members and friends in need.

January 8th, 2016
Where to start... When he walked in the room, he immediately began by saying I was too young to be in his office (I am 31 and have 6 herniated discs). I agreed and tried to explain my situation. He briefly glanced at one portion of my mri results before saying that I shouldn't have surgery, nor should I get an epidural even though I am in a great deal of pain, because it would make me gain weight "which you don't need." I explained to him that I have gained weight due to fertility treaments that I have been undergoing for the last 11 years my husband and I have been trying to conceive. I am currently recovering from my 9th surgery for endometriosis and he said that I should "just get a hysterectomy already." I had explained that we do have a son who is 4 and has autism. First he asked if my son was my biological child and when I told him he was adopted, he said "oh well if he didn't have autism I am sure you would have been satisfied to just have him and wouldn't still be trying to get pregnant, but you should still just stop trying." Um, is he a reproductive specialist? Does he know enough of my history to be saying things like that? Wasn't I there for a consult on my L5-S1 herniation to see if I needed a fusion, not a discussion about my uterus? He ended the appointment telling me that I was just going to continue having back pain and that maybe eventually my back would get so bad it would just fuse itself. I left in tears. He was a total jerk. Unfortunately for him and his practice, I am married to a doctor and have since called the wife of the referring physician who I am friends with and let them know about my experience. I also am a part of a 5,000 member nationwide group of Doctor's Wives who I could have shared a good review with but instead shared my negative experience (without posting his name). They were appalled as was I at the treatment I received in the 5 minutes of time he spent in the room with me. I can't speak to his surgical skills but I wouldn't let him near me with a scalpel if he can say such horrible things on my first visit to his office. It speaks to the kind of treatment I would get if there were ever an issue following a surgery there. He is condescending, flippant and the very reason surgeons get stereotyped as being jerks.

November 12th, 2015
Outstanding Doctor. Straight up and thorough

November 12th, 2015
Blessed Doctor.

October 19th, 2015
Great specialist!

July 23rd, 2015
this dr should not be doing surgery on anyone
went to Dr. Medary with a disc and diagnostic imaging report that said I have 5 herniated disc and stenosis. he came into the rooms so proud telling me there was nothing wrong with my back. I have since went for a second opinion and was told my back is so bad there was nothing they could do that would take all the pain away. I would not trust Dr. Medary to do any kind of surgery even on a corpse He could not have read what was sent to him or he would not have told me there was nothing wrong

June 25th, 2015
Excellent surgery
Dr. Medary made me feel very confident about the procedure. I underwent lumbar microdisectomy. His has excellent bedside manners and extremely talented at his craft. I would never consider this procedure unless I knew I was in expert hands of a talented surgeon such as Dr. Medary. God bless him and his family always.