Dr. Medary thinks he is god money maker not compasion to their patients rude and arrogant show details Dr. Medary thinks he is god money maker not compasion to their patients rude and arrogant
by Mr Jordan S kroll on May 10th, 2016

Maybe he is an expert of what he is doing but other else he is the worst medicine dr refering toward the actitud related about the patient illness he is a money maker machine that apparently lives not for the wellbeing of the patients, arrogant , rude , do not hear , condecendent. He did a year ago a cervical fusion a get complicated with a bladder situation related with the type of anesthesia he use on me then one year i try to contact him and the staff about a possible lumbar hernial disk . I try to ask him to sing temporary permit to disable and handicap and he refuse well when he saw my mri suggest epidural or. Surgery i will better look for a second opinion , please if somebody suggest this dr think twice . Look for some one more compasionate and healthcare loving .

by Milly on Apr 28th, 2016

He performed cervical fusion 2 yrs ago.. The pain n numbness still there.. Went back to him with xrays and MRI results n CD, that he sent me to take.. When i went back to him , he would not even look at me.. His response was there's nothing wrong with the surgery I performed.. He was so rude to me I felt like crying.. I was so disappointed, because i let this monster operate on me..His license should be revoked. He has no compassion for humans he should not be a Doctor. I would not recommend him. SOB is racist..

Apr 22nd, 2016

One of the worst experiences I have had with a Dr! He is a condescending rude person!! He cursed at me and told me I was too young to be in his office. If you are looking for a Dr with great bedside manner he is not for you. He staff was rude as well and I had to wait an hr and half to be told I was a waste of his time!

Feb 23rd, 2016

I had cervical spine fusion and all things considered - could not have been happier with Dr. Medary. I would send family members and friends in need.

Jan 8th, 2016

Where to start... When he walked in the room, he immediately began by saying I was too young to be in his office (I am 31 and have 6 herniated discs). I agreed and tried to explain my situation. He briefly glanced at one portion of my mri results before saying that I shouldn't have surgery, nor should I get an epidural even though I am in a great deal of pain, because it would make me gain weight "which you don't need." I explained to him that I have gained weight due to fertility treaments that I have been undergoing for the last 11 years my husband and I have been trying to conceive. I am currently recovering from my 9th surgery for endometriosis and he said that I should "just get a hysterectomy already." I had explained that we do have a son who is 4 and has autism. First he asked if my son was my biological child and when I told him he was adopted, he said "oh well if he didn't have autism I am sure you would have been satisfied to just have him and wouldn't still be trying to get pregnant, but you should still just stop trying." Um, is he a reproductive specialist? Does he know enough of my history to be saying things like that? Wasn't I there for a consult on my L5-S1 herniation to see if I needed a fusion, not a discussion about my uterus? He ended the appointment telling me that I was just going to continue having back pain and that maybe eventually my back would get so bad it would just fuse itself. I left in tears. He was a total jerk. Unfortunately for him and his practice, I am married to a doctor and have since called the wife of the referring physician who I am friends with and let them know about my experience. I also am a part of a 5,000 member nationwide group of Doctor's Wives who I could have shared a good review with but instead shared my negative experience (without posting his name). They were appalled as was I at the treatment I received in the 5 minutes of time he spent in the room with me. I can't speak to his surgical skills but I wouldn't let him near me with a scalpel if he can say such horrible things on my first visit to his office. It speaks to the kind of treatment I would get if there were ever an issue following a surgery there. He is condescending, flippant and the very reason surgeons get stereotyped as being jerks.

by Dennis Kolodziejski on Nov 12th, 2015

Outstanding Doctor. Straight up and thorough

by Ivanildo dos Santos on Nov 12th, 2015

Blessed Doctor.

Oct 19th, 2015

Great specialist!

this dr should not be doing surgery on anyone show details this dr should not be doing surgery on anyone
by Sandra on Jul 23rd, 2015

went to Dr. Medary with a disc and diagnostic imaging report that said I have 5 herniated disc and stenosis. he came into the rooms so proud telling me there was nothing wrong with my back. I have since went for a second opinion and was told my back is so bad there was nothing they could do that would take all the pain away. I would not trust Dr. Medary to do any kind of surgery even on a corpse He could not have read what was sent to him or he would not have told me there was nothing wrong

Excellent surgery show details Excellent surgery
by Caroline Gabbai on Jun 25th, 2015

Dr. Medary made me feel very confident about the procedure. I underwent lumbar microdisectomy. His has excellent bedside manners and extremely talented at his craft. I would never consider this procedure unless I knew I was in expert hands of a talented surgeon such as Dr. Medary. God bless him and his family always.

by Carlos James on May 31st, 2015

Dr Medary is the most thoughtful, professional, and most caring Doctor I have ever met. I had a very painful back problem, and now I don't. What else can you ask for? Sent many friends to him, and they all loved him.

Maria M show details Maria M
by Maria Mendes on Dec 12th, 2014

After being diagnosed with a brain tumor years ago my neurosurgeon in Daytona Beach referred me and worked in conjunction with Dr Medary to treat me. Dr Medary remove my tumor and am know alive. He was caring and sympathetic to me and my family then and is still the same now. I follow up with him every few years and we are VERY thankful for his caring and honest way. My husband went to him with back problems and he was honest to him and told him he would not recommend surgery for him at this time. We travel 2 hours to see him but he's woth it. Will recommend and do recommend him..

10 Years Pain Free show details 10 Years Pain Free
by Tony Morton on Aug 30th, 2014

I saw Dr. Medary in late 2003. After months playing the games required by the health care provider at the time, trying PT, massage theropy and pain management. I finally was refered to a neur. Surgeon. The 1st one I went to literally gave me the creeps. So I asked for a new opinion. They suggested Dr medary. I research him first and found he had great patient reviews and a clean medical practice record. So we scheduled the surgery. He did a discectomy at c6 c7. Now more than 10 yrs passed and all is well.

BEST DR. EVER! show details BEST DR. EVER!
by Lynn Lehr on Oct 7th, 2013

I went to Dr. Medary after my husband had a successful experience with him. I wouldn't let anyone else do back surgery on me! My surgery fixed my pinched nerve!!! He is SO personable and has a great bedside manner. He makes you feel like he's your friend, not just your Dr. His staff is also friendly, but professional.

Mrs. show details Mrs.
by Martell on Sep 10th, 2013

Should of known not to let him operate on me but was a little desperate to get to feeling better, he left me feeling like he was doing me a huge favor by putting a shunt in my head due to excess fluid in the brain. After surgery I've had a sound in my head that he said would go away in a month it's been three years and had no choice but to get used to the sound in my head and live with it, of course I went back for follow up after surgery but I felt as though I was annoying him, never informed me that the shunt should be monitored and never has anyway, now i'm looking for a new neurosurgeon because my headaches won't go away only God knows what's going on in my head.

by Soto on Jul 1st, 2013

Excellent doctor!

Jun 28th, 2013

After waiting a hour in the lobby after our appointment time, we get to the room and this Dr was a jerk and rude and cussed number of times. I would never refer or go back to him. If I could give home a negative star I would. Hope this helps. God bless!

Still Grateful show details Still Grateful
Nov 30th, 2012

I had neck surgery at c6/c7 almost a year and a half ago. I literally COULD NOT lift my head! Yes, he IS arrogant! HE'S A NEUROSURGEON, NOT YOUR HAIRDRESSER! WAKE-UP people! He is VERY competent, has had 1000's of successful surgeries...Surgery is ALWAYS a risk and NOT always successful...I am grateful mine was, with a Doc with the right credentials.

Mark as Helpful  | 13 people found this helpful Report Abuse
He is a joke show details He is a joke
Oct 15th, 2012

I saw this arrogant dr today and he didn't want to answer my question He was in a rush to see the next guy

Very rude show details Very rude
Sep 28th, 2012

My husband came to Dr Medary on a recommendation from a friend. As soon as he came in, he was rude. He asked us why we came to see him..was it because we heard he treated NFL players? We came to him for help and he pretty much treated us like we were wasting his precious time. I never was treated like this by a doctor in my life.

Herniated disc surgery show details Herniated disc surgery
Sep 7th, 2012

I went to Dr. Medary because I had such horrible pain in my lower back and was really limping which threw off my gait.After surgery, I have some quality of life back, I can walk now and feel great.He is a wonderful doctor, very caring and I am very grateful to him.

Bad Doctor show details Bad Doctor
Mar 29th, 2012

I had surgery done by Dr. Max Medary and it was a horrible experience. After he cut me up then he wanted nothing more to do with me. I have permit damage that was caused by him.

Jun 26th, 2011

Was not very curtious.

Bait & Switch show details Bait & Switch
Dec 10th, 2010

Overall experience left me in worse condition than when I went in. Initially my complain was, acute lower back pain and numbness of my right thigh but after all the sweet talking and then the surgery, I was left with more pain and greater numbness to my thigh. When I contacted Dr. Medary's office and explained my problem to a recorder, I received a call from the doctors assistant who told me she would speak with the doctor and call me back. She called back three or four days later and informed me, there was nothing Dr. Medary could do for me and referred me back to my own doctor. Now I'm in worse condition and poorer because I also have to pay $450.00 in co-payments. So what I received was not what I payed for. My suggestion to you is, do your homework before considering spinal surgery.

by Nelson Nazario on Sep 10th, 2010

Dr Medary maintains a self assured attitude about his profession and gave me confidence that he understood my concerns and was able to help me with my condition. It is nice to speak with a doctor who can listen and also explain things to the patient in a way the patient can understand.

arnold chiari surgery show details arnold chiari surgery
Jun 21st, 2010

he told me this was my probably and i would have no more headache but now i have mirgaines 7 day a week and memory lost due to him does not listen to you at all just think about money all the time

The Best Neurosurgeon EVER!!!!! show details The Best Neurosurgeon EVER!!!!!
by Angie Garcia on Oct 13th, 2008

I can rave enough about Dr Medary! I wish he was the jack of all trades so I'd never have to see another doctor ever! I was in so much pain, not knowing what was wrong, went to the ER and they let me lay there all night just feeding me morphine for pain. My family doctor called and got me into Dr Medary that same day, where he did surgery the very next day!(herniated disc)That was over 4 years ago and I haven't had any problems since. His staff are very courteous and professional. Dr Medary is very professional, down to earth and approachable. I WOULD ONE AND EVERYONE! LOVE HIM! :) If you are seeking someone in his profession, please do not hesitate to call, you won't be sorry with this doctor. No, I don't work for him, nor did I get paid to say this. I'm just so greatful for what he did to help me and it's so rare to find a genuine doctor who cares so much about what he does, I just want to share with everyone the great expierence I've had.