Dr. Max Steuer MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

May 31st, 2016
Acustic nueroma surgery 1995. very large one, this was before Gama Knife was around.I've since been told this could not be used for one this large anyway.I am 81yrs old

May 26th, 2016
Best surgeon ever
Unfortunately I have been through many surgeries but Dr. Max Steuer is by far the best surgeon I have ever had. The same day I had surgery I felt great no pain even the surgery site did not hurt. I had to have 2 fusions done and after the nurse gave me my second dose of pain medication I told them I did not need anymore and just took Tylenol which they where surprised by but I had no pain. Doctor Steuer explained everything in detail prior to the surgery and gave me the opportunity to ask plenty of questions. When I was not seeing doctor Steuer I saw Mr.Carter who if I had not been told I would have thought he was another surgeon due to his extensive knowledge and care, he was with me for anything I needed as well as had the answer to any additional questions. I have spoken to a lot of people that had the same surgery as I did and they can not believe I am feeling 100% better after just 3 weeks when it took them 6 months or more to heal. I can not thank Polaris Spine enough when I went in I could barley move and the same day I had the surgery I felt a 100% better.

May 18th, 2016
Spine Surgery
I recently had spine surgery at North Side Hospital. Dr. Steuer and his entire staff exceeded my expectations. From the very first visit, I knew I was at the right place. Everyone exhibited genuine concern and the desire to meet my medical needs. Standouts were: Melanie Cox, Carter Cooper, Rick Benefield, Matt Sartorio and Dr. Max Steuer. I highly recommend Dr. Steuer and his staff. My sincere thanks to everyone involved with my healthcare.

April 18th, 2016
Excellent spine care
Excellent experience, easy approval and incredible bedside manner/ care after surgery.

November 16th, 2015
Of the more than 20 physicians whom I asked for a referral, Dr. Steuer was the single choice of all. He's kind, courteous, wonderfully skilled, as well a exceptionally good person.

October 27th, 2015
I could not stand up straight or walk without pain due to a herniated disc in my lower back. Dr. Steuer performed a successful discectomy and I thankfully have no more back pain. I was extremely pleased with the surgery and his staff.

April 1st, 2015
Great experience
The waiting room was almost empty when I arrived, and I filled out my new patient information on a digital tablet. They have a concierge table, where a woman got me started on my paperwork. Every staff member is very polite (huge), including Dr. Steuer. Our wait time was around 45 minutes, which is very good. The doctor's assistant seemed to care about me, and made a connection. As opposed to my previous neurosurgeon, Dr. Steuer gave me much more information, and suggestions about what to do, even though his diagnosis was the same as my previous doctors. He was honest with me, and said surgery was not recommended, both because I was very young, and mainly because it was not required.

December 21st, 2014
Best/Surgeon Doc!
It has been almost 20 years and I am still pain free. He even has a sense of humor.

March 21st, 2014
Two Back Surgeries - One Year
After suffering a ruptured L2/3 Disk I was referred to Peachtree Neurosurgery where I was introduced to Dr. Max Steuer. He is a true professional who values health, wellness, education and his patients well-being. A conservative doctor who will spend the time to look at all options, while focusing on educating & treating the patients symptons, with surgery only being a last resort. In my case, the surgery was a necessity and the disectomy a success. After recovering from the first surgery I went back to Dr. Steuer to address issues with L4/5 where my disc had deteriorated and it was determined that an ALIF Spinal Fusion Surgery would address this condition. I had this surgery seven months after my first surgery and I am four months post op. Again, the results were better than expected which has resulted in me being able to once again enjoy life. I will say that the only people who know what it is like to experience back pain are those who have lived through it; and Dr. Steuer has dedicated his life to helping people overcome difficult and at times life threatening medical issues. I would recommend Dr. Max Steuer to anyone who is experiencing back issues. Thank you Dr. Steuer.

March 18th, 2014
Dr. Steuer has incredible compassion for his patients/family members and knowledge. He was right on with his diagnosis and the surgery was a complete success. Patient, kind, articulate-I could go on and on. Will recommend him to everyone who needs a neurosurgeon.

September 13th, 2012
After exhaustive research, and meeting with him, I choose Dr. Steuer to repair my herniated disc (lumbar MD). In my experience, his bedside manner (post surgery) leaves something to be desired. This I will say, however. I'd choose him again in a heartbeat. After months of grueling agony, I've been pain free for several months. I've returned to a normal life. I can finally pick up my kids again. Every attending nurse in the hospital told me I picked the right guy. My physical therapists told me I picked the right guy. Now, after the pain has finally subsided, I realize I did pick the right guy. Now that I'm healed and back to a normal life I realize the bedside manner was a very small sacrifice to have the job done right and finally be back to a normal life.

June 5th, 2012
Seems very competent
I have only seen him twice so far. Surgery to be scheduled. He has an excellent bedside manner, and gives you more time than many other doctors. He has a relaxed attitude and makes you relax as well. He seems to know his field of work, and so far his diagnosis was dead on. I trust him and I will schedule surgery with him. When I called his office, his appointment secretary called right back and was very accomodating. First visit I did not wait much at all, the second visit wait was over an hour due to an unscheduled surgery that morning. However, the pros about this doctor cancels the negatives.